Chapter 2 -Half Moon

Depuis le début

Half Moon lowerd her head. Pebble was her best friend, and the only one who didn't judge her for wanting more. Pebble didn't understand her dreams, and was quite content in the mountains, but she still loved Halfmoon enough to try to be understanding.

Screech was also one of her best friends (they were her only friends) but he didn't even attempt to understand her, and always tried to change her opinions. It made it harder for her to b around him.

Halfmoon nodded her head.

Screech shook his head, his face showing his judgment. "I don't understand why you'd ever leave the mountins, it's perfect here."

"I love the mountains as much as any cat, but I just don't feel at peace here, maybe it's the clan cat in me." She sighed.

I love my father, and I wouldn't give him up for anything... but everything would be easier if he weren't my father.

"That's nonsense, it's got nothing to do with blood, I think you just know somewhere deep down that you have a bigger destiny, and one day you'll fulfill it." Pebble said, sounding totally serious. Halfmoon shot her a doubtful look, but said nothing. Pebble was the one with a big destiny, she was  happy and energetic, but still knew when to be serious. Sometimes halfmoon thought she should be Stoneteller. She was everything Halfmoon wasn't. While Halfmoon was quiet and shy, Pebble was loud and social, always raising everyone's spirits.

The subject was soon dropped, and they ate in silence for the rest of the meal.

Halfmoom looked over at the clan to-bes, and noticed that they were eating in the same way. I wonder if they eat the same way in the clans, or if they just picked up on what we were doing. Lionpaw and Hollypaw seemed to be having an interesting conversation, but whenever they tried to talk to Jaypaw, he scowled at them, and gave a short answer.

He must be the grumpy sibling...

I finish my meal and curl up in my nest. It took me forever to fall asleep, because I started to feel disappointed. The clan cats could've helped, I could've made friends with Jaypaw. And Lionpaw and Hollypaw too. I wasn't singling Jaypaw out.

I let out a sigh.
I would give anything for them to stay longer.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

I woke up and stretched. Nobody was in the to-bes den except me, and I heard a lot of noise coming from the main cave. When I got out every cat was standing there talking, and Stonetellerwas making an announcement. I walked over to the first cat I seen, not bothering to figure out who it is.

"What's going on." I asked as I got closer to the cat. It didn't smell like a tribe cat, which puzzled me. It was a grey mottled tabby, and he was facing forward so I couldn't see his eyes.

Oh, its Jaypaw, I forgot the clan cats were here.

"Stoneteller says the tribe of endless hunting wishes for the clans to help. Guess your stuck with us."

I felt myself growing excited, but couldn't help feeling unease at the way he said, "says", as if hes accusing Stoneteller of lying.

"What were you applying with the way you said, says." Half Moon asked.

Jaypaw looked at her, his face blank.
"Oh, nothing, Stoneteller would never lie." He said.

Half Moon narrowed her eyes, "you just did it again." She hissed.

Jaypaw rolled his eyes, "Stop being a mouse brain." Hollypaw and Loinpaw, who were standing beside him shot him odd looks.

Is there something I'm missing?

"You should really listen to Brambleclaw, you don't want to not know what your doing today."

Brambleclaw? Half Moon looked up and realized he was talking.

"I want you guys to train to figh-." Brambleclaw was interrupted by every cat letting out loud wails of complaints.

Half Moon didnt like the idea of fighting, but the trespassers wouldn't bacon down. This was the only option.

It's only for defense, maybe it won't come to fighting. Half Moon reassured herself. She didnt want to watch cats die again. Like the last battle. She had been two young to fight, but when they cats who fought got back, they were bloody, and carrying dead bodies. Everyone blamed Stormfur. It was horrible. Especially since He  died.

I miss him so much. Half moon sighed. Don't think about that now, it won't do any good.

Half Moon felt fur press up against her. And smelled Jaypaws scent. She realized she was trembling. Jaypaw sent her a reassuring glance, and after a little she stopped shaking. She shot him grateful glance.

It feels so nice, being close to someone. She thought wistfully. Jaypaw pulled away suddenly with a scowl, and she saw that Hollypaw had scent him a warning look.

What was that about? Half Moon wonderd.

When Half Moon looked up, Brambleclaw had stopped speaking and was walking over to them.

Word count- 1340