When she looked over her shoulder, Rose was waltzing over with a tray of food. Settling down at the table, she started unloading the plates between them.

Maggie hungrily scarfed down her veggie omelet and fruit, washing it down with a huge swig of coffee before Rose was even halfway through hers. Starving from her morning out in the garden.

She leaned back in her seat, staring blankly at the table. Frown softly pressed over her features. Mind swirling with thoughts of James. Unable to help from wondering what he was doing at the moment. She figured he was probably enjoying his weekend, maybe out doing something fun. Saddened expression deepening.

Rose caught the look, heart aching for Maggie. She wanted to believe she was getting better, but knowing deep down she wasn't the same girl as she once was. Her whole demeanor had shifted. Rarely showing glimpses of her sweet, bubbly personality. She always had the same lost look in her eyes and Rose knew exactly what was being hidden behind them.

"So," Rose started, trying to nudge her out of the pain she felt, "what do you want to do today?"

Maggie hummed as she took a sip of her coffee, thinking it over. "I don't really know. What do you usually do on Sundays?"

"Well, besides gardening? I go to the farmer's market." She stabbed a piece of her omelet, biting it off of her fork.

"Hey, that sounds like it could be fun." Maggie shrugged. "Let's do that."

"Okay, then." Rose agreed. "Why don't you go get changed and I'll clean up this mess."

Maggie gave a quick nod, then scurried upstairs to get ready. She took a long rinse, using all of Rose's handmade organic soaps. Taking the time to thoroughly wash her lengthy hair in the colorful mosaic shower. Something she had been neglecting with the depressed slump she was living in, but today was different. She wanted to feel her best.

She stepped out of the bathroom smelling of sickly sweet flowers, herbs, and honey.

Tying a cropped, knit top with a pair of loose fitting jeans, and some sandals. Keeping it relatively casual for their relaxing day ahead. She swiped on some light shimmery eyeshadow and brushed through her brows. Tying a silk bandana over top her hair.

When she made her way back downstairs, Rose was grabbing a few canvas totes for the market. Shoving them into a larger bag for herself. "Well, don't you look pretty." She cooed.

"Thanks, Mimi." She rolled her eyes. "Ready?"

"You betcha."

They made their way out to Rose's car. A yellow 1969 Volkswagen Beetle. The one she had since she was young. Never needing another car with how well she took care of it. Maggie jumped into the driver's seat before Rose could, speeding down the street.

She genuinely missed driving, but there was absolutely no need for it in New York. She didn't know anyone that owned a car. Except for— she shook her head, mentally crushing the thought of James. She was thinking of Steve of course. Right. Except for Steve. He had a car.

Focusing back on the road, she picked up her speed. Wanting to get to the market as quickly as she could. The more distractions the better.

Maggie pulled into a paid lot, a few blocks away.

They trekked down the sidewalk together. Maggie lifted her head, enjoying the bright sun and breeze. The weather felt perfect to her. A mild sixty-five degrees. A stark difference to the long, frosty winter New York had just put her through. Leaving her more than thankful that spring had finally arrived.