Part 55

A/N: Bad Blood- NAO (Slowed) please and thank you

TW: Drug use

~

Maggie was getting ready for Natasha and Steve's engagement party.

She stood in front of the mirror, yanking her Saint Laurent dress into place. The one she had bought for herself the week before, while desperate for a hedonistic break from life.

Adjusting the crystal straps that fed along the sweetheart neckline. A beautiful contrast to the tight black fabric. The full length dress had a long slit that ran up her plump thigh, showing off the sparkly heels she wore to match.

Her long hair was styled loose black waves, tucked behind one of her ears to show off the extra makeup she had put on. Rich dark chocolate eyeshadow faded into a deep ebony, blended out on her lash line. More sultry than usual.

Liking what she saw, Maggie smiled to herself. She looked fucking sexy. The look was so unlike her, but she didn't feel like herself anymore. Things were different for her now and she was dressing the part.

Life had torn her down to the bare bones of a person, but she was shoving her worries away like always. Pretending she was fine and hoping to have a good night for once. She knew James wouldn't be in attendance. Natasha promised her that. He had told Steve that he couldn't bare to see her after their talk the days before, so she was more than excited for the event.

Draping a charcoal fur coat over her shoulders, she stepped out of her apartment.

Once the cab dropped her off at the tall building, nestled right in the heart of the Garment District, she made her way up to the top floor. Stepping into the trendy Castell Rooftop Lounge, the party was already full swing.

The long room took up the entire top floor of the building. Natural wood panels were cut up by large windows covering the entirety of the far wall. Couches and tables were spread through out, creating little lounge alcoves. Two gas fireplaces, original artwork, and ornate furniture making it feel high end. Panes of glass opened up to a wide terrace. Ivy covered archways framing the breathtaking views of the city. Empire State Building standing stationed just a few blocks away.

Everyone was already crowded into small groups, talking amongst themselves. Seeing a few familiar faces smiling over at her. Wanda and Vision were tucked into a couch together, giving her a quick wave. Ivan was laughing loudly with a couple other men, blowing Maggie a kiss from across the room. Figuring she would catch up with them later, she pressed on.

She was efficiently approached by the waitstaff, passing off her coat and ordering a glass of chardonnay. With her personal affairs settled, she pushed her way through the attendees, in search of the night's couple.

Finding Natasha and Steve sitting at the illuminated granite bar together, snuggly wrapped around the other. Looking more in love than ever before. Natasha did a double take when she saw Maggie approaching them, flashing a huge grin and standing from her seat.

"Hey, Mags! Oh my god, you look hot." She gushed, raking over her figure.

Maggie shook her head. "Nothing compared to you, Nat. This dress, I mean are you kidding?" She gestured to the dazzling crystals and beads, intricately laid over her ivory cocktail dress.

Natasha wrapped her in a hug, giving her a peck on the cheek. "Thank you for coming."

"I'm happy to be here." She nodded.