Chapter One

"Hi, uhm, I'm Maddie Duncan. I need my schedule?" I asked the lady at the front desk. 

"Here you go. You're in Mr. Dixon's homeroom. That's on the third floor." She told me. 

"Thank you." I said. 

"Well, you're very welcome! Have a good first day!" She said before I exited the office. 

Yes, I'm the new girl. I know what you're thinking, she's not going to have any friends, then somehow she eventually finds herself with the populars. Well, you're right. Or I at least hope you are. 

My parents and I have now moved for the second time. I was born in Florida, they settled down until I was five then packed up everything and moved to a small town in New Hampshire. We stayed there for ten years, I really didn't fit in there, especially since I didn't like snow. 

Now we're here in La Vernia. Texas is nice. There may not be an ocean right out my front door like in Florida, but at least I don't have to worry about snow too much. 

As I walked up to the third floor I received looks from other students. Then whispers about asking who I was. Normal reaction, I guess. I eventually found Mr. Dixon's room and walked in. There were only three students in there. They looked like Freshmen so I went and sat at a table towards the corner trying to not be seen. 

Mr. Dixon was sitting in his chair, feet on the desk, reading a newspaper. He looked pretty chill. He never even noticed me come in I guess. Two more students came in, stared at me, then sat down with the other kids. 

I started doodling in my notebook writing lyrics from popular songs, making hearts, you know, the usual doodle. I was just starting to draw a rose when the door opened and a group of guys walked in talking loudly. I didn't even look at them and just kept doodling. 

"Good Morning La Vernia High School! I'm Izzy," 

"And I'm Cody." 

I'm assuming this was the morning announcements. I was really surprised to see when I looked up that it looked like an actual news broadcast. They had a fancy desk and a moving background with announcements scrolling at the bottom, I was impressed.  

The announcements ended and the bell rang. I grabbed my bag and began to walk to the door with my schedule in hand.  

"You're Maddie Duncan correct?" Mr. Dixon asked. 

"Yeah." I answered. 

"Welcome to La Vernia." He said. I thanked him then headed to my first class. 

I found my English class easily and asked the teacher where to sit. She told me where to sit and then the bell rang. 

I could feel the eyes just burning on my back. Of course she had to put me in the second row.  

"We have a new student. Her name is Maddie, make her feel welcome." She said. Yes, just draw more attention to me. Thank you. 

The class was so boring. I wanted to rip my eyes out.

Finally the bell rang and I got out of there as fast as I could. I looked at my schedule to see what was next. I looked all over for the room but couldn't find it. I quickly went into a random classroom to ask the teacher where I needed to go. 

"That class is on the first floor. Down the stairs, second door on the left." She said. 

"Thank you so much." I said before leaving. 

I basically ran down the stairs and just made it into the classroom before the bell rang. 

I quickly took a seat in the front because that was the only spot left. 

"Today we'll be learning about the Black Plague and its effect on modern day Europe." The teacher said before going on and on about how many people died. I was on the verge of falling asleep when he, Mr. Freedman is his name, rose his voice. 

"Mr. Constancio, is there something you'd like to share with the rest of the class?" He said. 

"No sir." A guy said from the back of the room.  

"Pay attention." Mr. Freedman said then continued the lecture. 

The bell rang and we all began to file out of the classroom. As I got up from the desk I ran into someone. Smooth Maddie. 

"I'm sorry." I said looking at them. Next to me was a guy just about the same height as me, he was cute with brown hair and eyes.  

"It's fine." He said flashing me a smile. Ugh, knees getting weak. 

I smiled back then got out of there before I could make an idiot out of myself.  

I made it to my third class a lot easier since I now understood the room numbering system. I got in, introduced myself to the teacher, then sat in my assigned seat. I stayed seated as more kids flooded into the room. 

"Today we'll be testing the diffusion through a cells membrane, I'll separate you into partners by last name." She said while handing out a piece of paper that stating what we were doing. 

"Station one is Anderson and Bartlett. Two is Brady and Cabral. Three is Constancio and Duncan."  

The kid that Mr. Freedman yelled at? Seriously? I hate science, I needed someone who was good at this shit not an idiot. 

I got up to go to the third lab station and as I was walking I bumped into someone. Really? Two people in one day? What did I do to deserve this humiliation?

"Sorry." I said before looking up. When I did, I saw the same kid I had run into earlier.  

"We have to stop meeting like this." He joked. I laughed lightly and walked over to the third lab station, but he followed me. 

"Are you stalking me?" I joked. 

"Yeah, I changed my last name so I could get partnered up with you." He said sarcastically. 

"I'm flattered but I don't even know your name." I continued in our sarcastic conversation. 

"Oh, well let me introduce myself, I'm Alex Constancio. And you are?" He said putting his hand out toward me. 

"Maddie Duncan." I said putting my hand in his and to my surprise he literally kissed my hand.  

I honestly think my face could not be any more red.

----------

New Story! What did you think? Leave a comment! It's a slow start but don't worry, it's going to get good! Vote if you liked it!

I am keeping most of the characters, such as teachers, the same from my previous stories. To be clear, Samantha Smith from Alex Constancio or Austin Mahone? Help Me! and Making It To Forever does not exist. Just so no one is confused. Haha.

Next Update: Saturday!

Thanks for reading!