🚲 FOUR 🚲

Começar do início

I smiled to myself, knowing there was no way I'd miss it.

🚲

After I watched the whole interview and the performance of his new songs, which for the record were amazing, I went back upstairs to the bedroom to see if Austin was feeling better.
This whole situation was honestly a bit too much for me. I wanted to be there for him, I wanted to do something to bring him comfort, to make him trust me again, to fix whatever it was I did wrong this time. 

"Austin, love? Are you awake?" - I pushed the door open slowly.

"What do you want, Harry?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay?" - I smiled. - "Maybe we could go somewhere for fresh air." - I shrugged.

"Yes, I'm fine baby. C'mere." - He tapped the empty space by his side, and I quickly laid with him.

Austin slid his arms around my torso, and I gently rested my head in his chest.

"Try not to make me jealous next time."

"I'll try."

"What did you do with the letter?" - He asked. - "I mean, you'd better had thrown it away, baby.  And also do something with the bike too. I can't have gifts from another man in my house."

"Okay, I'll do that."

"That's my baby." - He smiled and pecked my lips briefly. - "You're mine, yeah?"

"Only yours, love." - I smiled back.

"Good." - He kissed my lips again as his hands slid down to squeeze my bum. - "You can go and do that now, then we can spend some of that money on going to a restaurant tonight. What do you think?"

"Sounds good." - I said and quickly got out of bed. - "I'll go out, to see what to do with the bike. Is that okay? Maybe I can donate it or something. I'll be back before seven, I promise."

"Go." - He nodded. 

"Thanks."

I left the room and an awful feeling immediately hit me right inside my chest. Yes, I had made Austin happy with this. And yes, me throwing away everything L gave me might be the solution to Austin's jealousy and maybe that way I could have my loving boyfriend back.
But I really didn't want to donate my new bike that my 'knight in shining armor' had given to me. I hadn't even tried it yet. And either I wanted to throw away the letter, I was still curious about it, I still felt like it was hiding something, that there was a puzzle to be solved, and I wanted to find out what was it.

I returned downstairs and took the letter from where I was keeping it in the inner pocket of an old backpack, and slid it in my wallet instead. I took the house keys from the counter and walked out the door.
Once outside, I headed straight to Austin's car to get my bike from the trunk.

Making sure Austin was not looking at me from the window of our bedroom, I quickly climbed up the bike and rode towards my mother's house.
I had made up my mind and I wasn't going to throw it away; for now, I was only going to hide it from Austin.

My mom opened the door the second she heard the doorbell.

"Hello, mom." - I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek and entering the house with my bike.

"What are you doing with that?" - She frowned.

"I'm going to leave it in your garage."

"Why?"

"Because Austin is jealous."

She kept silence for a while and followed me in my way to the garage.

"He's jealous?" - She asked and I nodded. - "Of a bike?"

"Not of the bike itself." - I laughed. - "It's because is a gift, you know? From someone who isn't him." - I shrugged.

She sighed.

"Baby, you know that a relationship like this isn't healthy, right?"

"Like what?" - I asked as I set the bike on a corner of the very crowded garage.

"All the jealousy and the anger he spills on you. I've noticed that a lot lately, I'm worried."

"Austin and I are fine." - I smiled at her, kissing her cheek again. - "You have nothing to worry about. He just doesn't like people giving me presents."

"Harry. That's not okay." - She shook her head. - "Who is he to forbid you of receiving presents?"

I walked into the house again without answering. Maybe that way she would drop it.
But she didn't.

"Honey." - My mom stopped me, grabbing my wrist. - "I know he had been your boyfriend for a long time now, but if these things become regular, you need to tell me."

"I tell you that we are fine, mom!" 

"Okay, fine." - She let go of my wrist, raising her arms above her head. - "Just make sure that he doesn't cross any limits with you. And remember you can tell me anything, yeah? I'm just looking out for you. Just that."

"Sure." 

"Do you want to stay for dinner?" - She asked.

"No, Austin said we were going out tonight. I told him I'd be back by seven. I can't be late."

"Oh." - She frowned. - "But it's already getting dark, honey. And if you're leaving your bike here, how are you getting back?"

"I hadn't thought about that." 

"Maybe you can text him and say you're spending the night here? I'm sure he'll be fine with it." - She smiled. - "I have lasagna in the oven."

"I... I don't know, mom."

"I saw Louis Tomlinson in Ellen today. He has a new album?"

"Yes." 

"Maybe you can show it to me while I finish cooking?" - She smiled, hopeful.

I chuckled.

"You really want me to stay, huh?"

"Some mom-son bonding time, what do you say?"

I rolled my eyes, a tiny smile forming on my lips.

"Fine, I'll stay."