17. Lost and found

Start from the beginning

Luke's p.o.v.

As I'm sleeping in our bed, as the pack doctor and my alphas ordered me to do after my fall, I'm suddenly awoken by the sound of Aiden's heart monitor going crazy.
I'm confused until I hear a loud thumping sound like someone has fallen, followed by a terrible scream and desperate whimpers. I qickly run towards Aiden's bed that we put in here because our alphas didn't want him to be at a hospital. They wanted him to be here with us and so, a hospital bed was moved in here and Christian, who is a doctor, and his mates are going to stay until he's gets better.

I was only awake for a few hours, hearing from Jamie that all the alphas have gathered together to make an attack on the Red Moon pack, the place where Aiden was most likely being held.

It didn't take long until we were informed that Aiden was found and that my mates were now off to the hospital of this pack. After demanding to be brought there, Jamie reluctantly agreed and we drove to the hospital where I found my mate, beaten and unconscious and I got sick with worry.

After a bit of time there, we drove back here all together, alpha Christian pulling a few strings to get a hospital bed in here immediately and Wilder told me to go back to sleep again.

Now, after I've heard that awful scream, I come to my senses, scurrying over to Aiden, who still has the blindfold on to protect his eyes from the light that's in the room. He's lying on the floor, the air having left his lungs and sobbing painfully. I quickly get to him, grabbing him but not too tightly as to not hurt him further.

"Aiden, Aiden, shhhhh, it's me. Luke! You're home.", thats all I manage to say before hearing loud footsteps running towards this room and the door being opened roughly. I look up, the daylight from outside the room shining in, where Wilder, Noah and James stand with worried faces.

As soon as they spot us, they run over to us, alpha Christian soon following them.

"Hey, hey Aiden. Shhhhh sweetheart, it's okay. You're safe, honey, shhhh", Noah holds Aiden close to his chest, rocking back and forth with him as the omega sobs painfully into his shirt.

"Put him back on the bed, he's pulled out his IV", Christian says from behind Wilder and Noah doesn't hesitate, as he carefully lifts up Aiden and softly lays him back on the bed.

"Get that damn blindfold off of him", I say.

"Alright, but close all the blinds first.",Christian answers.

I do as he told me to, Wilder helping me and Noah slowly unwraps the black cloth around Aiden's eyes. "You can look at us now, sweetheart", he whispers and Aiden opens his beautiful blue eyes.

He doesn't say anything, he just puts his head into Noahs chest, starting to sob again.
Noah begins his rocking motion again as he strokes Aiden's head whispering to him:" I know, I know... it's okay... he's not gonna hurt you anymore."

After Aiden has calmed down a bit, Christian says:"Sorry, I have to examine him"

Noah reluctantly moves away, still holding on to Aiden's weak hand.

Christian puts some bandages on the wound that Aiden has created by pulling out the IV that was supposed to help him to rehydrate.
He takes care of the wound and goes over to the other arm, putting a small needle in it and putting the IV in that arm instead. The heart monitor is being attached to his chest again with the little pads that Aiden had managed to rip away before as well and looks at his vitals while checking his temperature, the others having a quiet conversation.

"I thought I was dead", Aiden whispers, trying to calm himself down after his previous outburst. "You're not, darling. You're fine. Everything will be fine. He's dead now. He can't ever hurt you again.", Noah says to him, his own tears falling a little bit.

Wilder slowly sits down on the bed next to Aiden's legs with a sigh but stands up immediately afterwards when Aiden lets out a pained sob.

"What's wrong, Aiden?", Wilder asks concerned.

"M-my legs...", Aiden stutters, clearly in a lot of pain. I don't hesitate as I rip the bedsheets away, with my good arm that's not in a cast, to reveal a horrible sight. Both his ankles are littered with bruises and look like they are in a weird angle.

"Oh no... I can't believe we missed that! I concentrated so much on his dehydration and hypothermia I....", Christian gasps and quickly goes around the bed to examine Aiden's ankles. He moves them just a little bit and gains painful cries from Aiden as a response.

"They're both broken", Christian says and goes out of the room to call someone.

"Oh, Aiden, I'm so sorry this happened. I should have gone with you to get...", James is interrupted by Aiden :" No. This is not your f-fault. This... this was alpha Te... Terrances fault and no one elses.", he says.

"I love you so much", James says and gently kisses Aiden's forehead. "Love you too", Aiden answers, seeming very tired.

Christian soon returns with his phone in hand. "Ok, I called in at the pack hospital and we're going to have to make a scan of his ankles but I would like him to not be awake for that. He needs to sleep... badly.", the alphas nod at him and he goes around the bed towards Aiden's IV.

"Aiden, I'm gonna give you something for the pain, alright? It will make you sleep because you really need it but your mates will be right here with you!", the omega nods slowly.

Christian puts something in his IV drip and soon, Aiden closes his eyes and is sleeping peacefully while his head is being stroked by James.

Christian ruffles his own hair in frustration "God, he must have been in so much pain... I'm so sorry I missed that!", he says honestly.

"It's okay. He'll be fine now right?", Wilder answers.

"Yes, he's gonna need a long time to recover though. I'm going to look at the scans of his ankles, then I can tell you more about the time he'll need.", Christian responds.

"Okay"

"And you Luke, I want you back in that bed. You're not allowed out yet.",Wilder says, directing his attention to me.

"Oh come on, I feel much better...", I try to argue.

"No!", Wilder says sternly.

I only grunt in response and make my way back over to the bed and carefully lie down to not hurt my arm.

Wilder comes over to me and pecks my lips. "Good boy. We'll be back with him in two hours. You can get up after that alright?", he says.

"Okay", I say and Wilder leaves the room to get the car.

I can't believe this happened. Just a while ago, I was just a normal teen, doing stupid stuff with friends and living a normal life and now, I'm mated to four guys and I'm deeply in love with them. And one of them was hurt... it just makes me feel sick that this alpha would do such a thing. I just want Aiden to be happy and free of this miserable life he had in that pack. He deserves it!

And I'm going to help him. Every step of the way, I'm going to be there for him, help him walk again, help him feel better and help him forget.

We'll help him heal... inside and out!