Chapter 14 and 15

Chapter 14- (Sophie's POV)

Sophie's entire world shattered as she turned around, hoping this was some stupid prank. But then she looked at his face. There was confusion and fear, mixed with discomfort.

No.

Her mind couldn't comprehend what this meant.

Did he lose his memory?

Sophie couldn't speak but managed to ask, "What?"

Keefe looked at her with the utmost fear and confusion.

"Who are you?" he said.

Tears flowed down my cheeks, as darkness flooded my mind.

Keefe didn't remember anything.

He didn't remember me.

And I could feel my entire world rift to darkness.

~

Chapter 15- (Keefe's POV)

My mind was blank, it had been two days since Sophie introduced herself to me.

Mr Forkle had also told me some completely crazy stuff about the Black Swan and the Neverseen, but I didn't know anyone on a personal level.

Sophie was very pretty but...too sensitive.

I knew that she had discovered that her mom was an elf but she was so stand-offish and sensitive that she was hard to be around.

I also had this feeling she was hiding something, I could feel her emotions and there was a lot of pain that she carried with herself.

A silver-haired boy came into my room, his hair was ugly but he looked pretty cool

"Keefe, how're you?" he asked.

"Good, you're Tam, right?" I said. He nodded, he and I quickly became friends and were laughing around. But then, Sophie walked in.

She looked stunned and I said, "Sophie."

"Keefe," she said.

As she said my name, a wave of hurt hit me. It wasn't anger or hate, so I could tell that she didn't hate me or anything but I could tell she was upset about me losing my memory.

Tam nodded at me, and he looked at me with extreme surprise when I said, "I had a good time." "Did he like suddenly become nice or something?" I heard him whisper to Sophie, I also knew it was a feeble attempt at making her smile but Sophie didn't even look up. Tam sighed and said, "Soph, you okay?" "Um...yeah," said Sophie blocking Tam's view of her tears.

He nodded and left, curling in his dark shadows.

Keefe saw Sophie disappear in a corner, he decided to follow Sophie into her room.

She put her things on her bed, she buried her face in her knees. I felt a wave of utmost pain and hurt and rejection. She felt worthless, I didn't know what to do. I could see her cry softly, she looked at her schedule and wiped away her tears but they couldn't seem to stop. She took a few deep breaths and headed out, this was my chance to get to know her deeper.

"Hey, where are you headed?" I asked her, as she emerged from the room.

"Oh, um, to the bakery place they opened in Atlantis," she said, struggling to hide the break from her voice.

"Can I join?" I asked.

Her face lit up as she nodded.

We leapt to this cosy place, it was pretty...romantic and I was surprisingly comfortable with Sophie there.

We sat down and she asked, "I'm going to use the washroom, can you hold my backpack for me?"

"Of course," I said.

Our fingers brushed slightly, and my stomach was full of butterflies. I disregarded it and looked around.

I found a pretty girl in the corner, she was actually standing in the corner lonely.

"Hey! Keefe, do you remember me? Tania?" she waved me over toward her.

I shook my head and said, "No."

She said, "We used to date, I'm so sorry about everything."

"What?"

Nobody had told me about a girlfriend, she said, "We kept it secret since nobody approved."

She tried to kiss me and I kissed her back but I pulled away almost immediately. It didn't feel right at all. I said, "Um, can we take this slowly?"

She frowned and said, "Ugh, whatever! It's that Sophie girl, isn't it? She dated you too, and I seriously thought you were over her."

"I dated...Sophie?"

My brain couldn't process it. "Yes! She called things off with you! She's dating someone now, she cheated on you," continued Tania.

My heart shattered slightly, Sophie wasn't on our table. I stormed off to find her, how could she not tell me this!

I knew she was fishy and weird...but she was always so nice. I sighed and tears filled my eyes, I checked every place and waited for a few moments outside the female washroom but I heard a noise from a locked room behind. I found Sophie. Talking to her human mother.