Keefe's POV

Chapter 7- Keefe's POV

Alden, Grady, Edaline and walked in. Sophie and I jerked away from each other while Alden and Grady glared at the pair of them. Edaline was smiling slightly but nevertheless, it was really really really awkward.

Silence.

More silence.

Until Grady cleared his throat and beckoned for Sophie to come with him. Edaline tried to stop him and gave me an apologetic look. She hurried after Grady and Sophie who looked extremely pale.

I failed to look at Alden but I could hear Grady displaying his disapproval and Edaline trying to refrain him. I could also feel Sophie's uncomfortableness in the other room. I sent some of my calming waves to her and somewhat forgot Alden was in my room until he sighed.

I jumped with a start and said, "Right..."

"Keefe. I thought I told you," said Alden. My eyes fell to the ground and my heart started beating fast. He furrowed his eyebrows and I looked away.

I always thought of Alden as a father figure and I still hadn't told Sophie what he had said. I never felt the need to. But my awkwardness and doubt was overcoming me, he couldn't just try to control my life. I just looked at him silently.

'Maybe it is my fault. Maybe I should have stayed away,' I thought. Alden sat down beside me and said, "Keefe. I wish the best for you, I really do. But do you really think you and Sophie can work out?" he asked.

I nodded stiffly and Alden sighed. "Alright then, you can be with whoever keeps you happy," he said.

I looked at him in surprise and he nodded. We sat in silence and I heard Grady talking.

"Fine. But if he doesn't treat you well, the story will not end well," Grady snarled.

I could almost feel Sophie pouting.

Grady came into the room and said, "Well, if you're dating my daughter, we need to talk."

He seemed significantly more calm and said, "Well, first of all, I'm sorry about how I reacted. I just didn't expect her to be dated you. Or maybe I did. I don't know."

I nodded. I was so terrified, I knew this was coming. It was easier and harder because it was Grady.

"Keep her safe and don't hurt her, please," he said. I was surprised to hear the plea in his voice and he was probably expecting me to say something but I just nodded. He gave me a forced smile and I returned to Sophie's room. The next day was going to be school.

So, I waved her goodbye and headed home.

I went to bed and transferred into a dreamless oblivion. The next morning was a mess. I had overslept so I quickly changed into my clothes and decided to surprise Sophie by picking her up for school.

I leapt to Havenfield where she was dressed properly. I gave her a quick kiss and Grady glared at me when he saw me in the living room, reminding me of his talk.

Sophie and I leaped to Foxfire and headed off to our classes. I ended up ditching all classes including my attendance. The day passed in a blur while me and Ro easily bunked all of my classes.

The day passed so quickly, I barely realized I was late to pick up Sophie from Study Hall. Ro and I raced past every hall and reached the Study Hall. But what he saw broke his heart. He saw....