Chapter XII

Disclaimer: Please do not hate on this story for this is only a fan fiction and none of this is canon(except in my heart). <3

Happy thanksgiving btw!

Lesley's POV,

Night falls on the grand Moniyan Empire as the moon begins to rise upon the heavy lavender sky. I stood on my balcony, taking off my hat and letting my hair breathe again. I stretched my arms and my back, the feeling of comfort rushing through my veins.

My mouth formed a small smile as I closed my eyes around the calm atmosphere. Crickets were chirping in the background as the faint sound of waterfall rushed through the rocks. This moment felt pacific.

"Sis!"

I turned around, almost dropping my hat.

"Why aren't you dressed for bed?" Harley questioned, ruffling his blonde curls and yawning.

"Since when we're you the one caring for me?" I chuckled as I bent down to his level.

"Well someone has to." He huffed.

I laughed softly, "You should really go to your room you know, I have some business to take care of."

Am I really going to lie to my brother now...

He stomped one of his legs and let out an annoyed grunt.

"Why are you always leaving?" He whined, "You went to go chase Fanny, you left to go to that opera thing, and now you're going on urgent business?!"

I thought spending time with my friends was terrible already, but to leave my brother every night made an even tighter knot of guilt in my stomach.

"Harley..." I sighed grabbing his hands, "Look, these few weeks have been really busy, but when I finish everything; I promise I'll make time for you. I'm really sorry for everything, these events have been crazy."

He was silent again, not staring into my eyes.

"I promise this will be my last errand."

Harley sighed as a faint wind blew past us.

"Fine," He replied quietly, closing his fingers around my hands, "Duties are duties after all."

I hugged him close to me as he did the same.

"I promise this is my last."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Grabbing a dark cloak, I snuck through guarded hallways to reach the courtyard with my camouflage. It was nearly midnight and a giddy feeling emerged in my head.

I ignored the soothing sound of my footsteps walking on the marble tiles as my breathing grew louder. I then stopped. Shit, I forgot Natalia patrolled these hallways at night.

I couldn't tell her about Gusion, not yet at least. My camouflage was still on while she was sharpening her golden claw. She then sniffed the air and scrunched her nose as I bit my tongue. Natalia then furrowed her eyebrows and turned invisible herself. Oh fuck.

My assassin instincts listened for any sounds of her footsteps or her claw. Screw it, I thought to myself as I ran straight to the courtyard.

I didn't stop and I didn't look back, I was focused only on one thing; and that was meeting Gusion.

⚜️⚜️⚜️