She was in a court meeting with Aang by her side as she kept a steady look on her face. "You shouldn't be here, Persephone. I told you that I was fine with this myself." Aang muttered, the girl smirked and flipping her hair off her shoulder.

"You always say that, and then it turns out that you do need me. I'm not some precious, delicate woman, Aang. I'm your protector and your sister. I know better." She stated, watched the court go in progress.

"Taking has ruled Republic City's criminal empire for years. Yet he has always managed to stay out of the law's reach until now. You will hear testimony from dozens of his victims. And they will tell you Yakone has maintained his grip on the underworld by using his ability that has been illegal for decades- - blood bending." The defense started out their case, making Dawn feel her heart beat increase as Persephone looked to Yakone.

She squinted her eyes at him, feeling him up with her powers as she tried to understand of this man could actually do what has been claimed.

She looked up at Sokka and the man nods his head at her. "The prosecution's entire case is built upon the make-believe notion that my client is able to blondbend at will, at any time, on any day. I remind the council that bloodbending is an incredibly rare skill, and it can only be performed during a full moon, with the exception of the Protector's ability. Yet the witnesses will claim that my client used bloodbending at every other time except during a full moon. It would be a mockery of justice to convict a man of a crime that is impossible to commit." The defendant lawyer claimed and Dawn was pulled out of her vision, her eyes opening as she took a deep breath.

She felt another wave hit as she was pulled back in and watched the scene unfold. "In my years, I have encountered people born with rare and unique bending abilities. I once bested a man with my trusty boomerang who was able to firebend with his mind. Why, even metalbending was considered impossible for all of history, until our esteemed chief of police, Toph Beifong, single-handedly developed the skill. The overwhelming amount of testimony and evidence has convinced this council that Yakone is one of these unique Benders. And he exploited his ability to commit these heinous crimes. We find Yakone guilty of all charges and sentence him to life in prison." Sokka stated, Persephone nodding her head at him as she looked to Aang.

The gavel swung as Yakone lawyer through some his paper work, frustrated at the result of the court. Persephone held onto Aang's hand while she smiled. "This is a good thing, Aang." She said, and that's when she saw Yakone stand.

His eyes widened with a hectic look in them, Sokka screaming as his body spasmed under Yakone's bending. Persephone went to stop him, being caught as well, and she looked to Aang and soon enough the whole court room fell under his spell.

Dawn outside of the vision groaned with her grandmother, sweating in panic.

<><><>

Dawn kept watching the scene go on, Yakone making Toph grab the keys to unlock his handcuffs and he was set free. And with a flick of his hand, he made the whole court room fall except for two, Aang and Persephone were lifted in the air while Persephone tried so hard to break free.

She tried to remember her past with Ozai, even Hama, but this type of bending was stronger than her. "Yakone, you won't get away with this." Aang strained out.

Yakone laughed as he watched the two struggle. "Republic City is mine, Avatar and Protector. I'll be back one day to claim it." He said and tossed them into the stairs.