4. Brothers

The Mandalorian and Jedi agreed that he would be deflection duty with her firing behind him. Jake was careful enough where he wasn't going to deflect one of her shots onto himself, the Jedi didn't train him for nothing. They stand at the middle of the hallway beside one another as their Mandalorian opponents fire a few meters away from them. The shining halls were very obviously newly constructed, because the entrance was old and rusty, as if something made 4000 years ago.

A shot would occasionally fly over Jake's blade and go toward Daini but she was moving from Jake's left to his right as she fires. After years of a war, Jake knew to keep a close eye on someone when fighting them. The men in front of him were making no movement besides pulling the trigger. Jake sensed something wrong. Stalling, perhaps. Waiting in for more men so that they can overwhelm.

Jake couldn't deflect any more bolts then this. A skilled enough Jedi could, but he never spent enough time on the teachings of Soresu to be that fast. He spent too much time on the more aggressive forms. He couldn't defeat them like this.

"I hope you're a quick shooter." He says, talking louder than usual so that she can hear him over the blaster-fire. He didn't need to turn around or have her remove her helmet for him to understand that she has a confused expression.

He drops the saber's defensive positions and instead runs towards the Mandalorians. He ran up to one and sliced through his chestplate, then spun around and stabbed the other through the stomach. He didn't leave his lightsaber in the Mandalorian's melting intestines for long, not less than a couple seconds later he moved to slash aggressively at the next.

Daini continued to fire, but at the sides of the halls behind boxes instead of in the center of the hall. Jake slashes and cuts ferociously, with a new found skill and speed that Daini hasn't seen before. He clears out the room quickly after.

"Come on, there's more on their way. I'd like to meet them rather than wait." He says, flourishing his lightsaber's blue blade and already running forwards and down the hall.

He could hear her following after him as he ran, and he reached out with the Force. Where's my brother? He couldn't feel anything as he searched and felt the entire building and it's people and objects until he finally felt a familiar presence, that was faint with the Force. It was down two lefts and a right. He's cut off from his thoughts when the blaster fire of the Mandalorians appear, whizzing by him.

His lightsaber would block some of the shots, but he let many fly by him as he ran towards the Mandalorians to gain a true advantage. He once again started slicing, with Daini's shots coming from behind. These men were actually competent in hand to hand fighting, Jake could tell. The last group were reliant on their blasters and paid the price for it, but these men would have some fire as another tries to get him from behind without a blaster in his hand.

Jake had to block punches with one hand and shots with his other, which held the lightsaber. He questioned switching this tactic, but then he would leave himself open to the blaster fire. As a fist flies his way he ducks, and see's the sharp shine of a knife pointing out from the Mandalorian's fist. Part of his weapons compartment, Jake would assume. Jake tries to close in on the marksmen instead and slices ones gun tip and another's entire left arm. Unfortantely, he left his back open and felt a stab to his gut.

His lightsaber swung completely around, going from one mandalorian's arm towards the other's body. The lightsaber only grazed his armor. Jake could feel the mandalorian's smile of pride, but it quickly would've washed away because he got kicked in the back of the head, causing him to fall to the ground. Daini stood above him on the floor, digging her own wrist knife into his neck, inbetween the armor gap.

Jake doesn't waste any time watching, he turns around and slices towards the others as he uses his hand to hold his wound to delay too much blood loss. He'd deal with it. He's gotten worse injuries before and fought on. Jake could resist the pain and fight on, he had the will to do so and find his brother, but if he doesn't stop and get some care and rest in a few hours he'll definitely die from his wound.