11. Proposition

The dull orange skies of Korriban hovers high above Darth Inion and Darth Deifiur as they send their new "servants"  to their new so called home. Athair didn't know how his eldest daughter felt about this. She was once thrown into slavery herself, and he knows that the dark side hasn't turned her into an emotionless monster - not yet.

The band of slaves follow behind Inion as Deifiur stays in the back. He watches them all work in the same anxiety. These slaves probably weren't even slaves beforehand, just people in poverty on the streets or refugees that ended up really unlucky. But that unluckiness sent them here.

Athair turns his back to the group and walks inside the Temple to the room where he held Muin Teoir. She had her wrists held by bonds that were connected to the tables. Her eyes peered at him in frustration as he entered the room. He stood before her, arms crossed.

"You are gifted in lightsaber combat." Athair says, "How?"

"What answers do you think you're going to get out of me?" She spits out.

"You may outperform me in dueling, but I've already shown you that I could decimate you with the Force. Do you really want me to pull the answers out of your head? It is a painful experience, especially for trained Force users."

"I trained under the Dark Lord of the Sith." She says, but Athair senses the lies as they leave her mouth.

"The truth." He presses and he puts his hands down on the table threatingly.

"Just had to be sure," She says, "I was really trained at the Jedi Temple back on Coruscant, years ago."

"Who was your master?"

"Shaak Ti." Teoir says with aggravation as she rolls her eyes. "She was a terrible master, couldn't teach me anything outside of basics. I wanted Master Yoda or Master Dooku."

"That doesn't explain your ability with lightsabers."

"Because of my inability to learn anything useful as a Padawan, when I got promoted to Knight I attempted to befriend the battlemaster. He taught me more than Ti ever could. So I went out, trained and tutored myself. Eventually I began to spar with Mace Windu. Dooku even pulled me aside to give advice, because he was impressed by my skill."

A wave of darkness comes off of her. She isn't material for a Dark Lord, or a Sith in general, but the dark side seems to fit her wants more naturally than the light side ever could.

"And you left the Order." Athair says.

"Yes, I was about thirty-one. I wanted freedom. I didn't tell the Order that, of course, but I told them how I wanted to leave. They accepted it and offered me a ship for my future travels. I traveled to Dathomir and befriended the nightsisters, and I learned more techniques from them. They even offered me some of their ceremonial robes as a sign of friendship." She says and she points at her blue robes. Athair had thought he recognized the style of her clothing, but hadn't been sure due to the color and his lack of relationship with the nightsisters.

"You don't seem like a very charismatic or likable person to me." Athair says, "How did you make these friendships?"

"I do favors, because I know I gain something at the end."

"Did you get that scar doing a favor?" He asks, pointing at her face.

"No. I got this scar not too long before my ship got trashed and I had to jump on a cargo ship and ended up on Nar Shadaa."

"Who gave it to you?"

"My ship got trashed because it crossed some Outer Rim Imperial space. A legion of stormtroopers were there, as was the reigning Sith Lord, Darth Vader. I made a deal. A fair duel between he and I. No use of the Force or the stormtroopers. A honorable fight, if he wins then I die and he moves on. If I win, I walk out without the troopers firing and live another day."