1.

I never imagined that I would be moving across the country.

Of course I never imagined seeing my mom murdered but I guess things changed.

Me and my father went from a mansion house, designer clothes, and high end luxury cars to a 3 bedroom house, a wardrobe that only costed $400, and now I drive a regular Nissan vehicle.

To say things changed drastically is an understatement.

Of course I feel sadden about my mother I never really had time to grieve, so I don't even know myself how I feel about the whole thing.

Now I'm standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom that connects to the bedroom. It's small and I kinda don't mind the small walls.

My black hair falls about mid-back, my skin is slightly paler now, and my eyes are still dull green. I grab my jacket off the counter and sigh. I went simple today for my first day of school and is simple is what's needed to stay under the radar. I'm currently wearing black sweatpants with a tie-die cropped t-shirt and threw my jacket on before running down stairs. This is gonna be another shit day.

"Morning." I mutter to my father and Jack.

"Ready for school?" Jack asks.

"Sure."

"Don't forget to keep a low profile, try not to make friends, and keep your mouth shut." My father says to me before I grab my shoes by the door.

"I know, I know. No one can know." I say.

"If someone asks about your mother, what do you say?" Jack asks, he's taking notes now.

"She died in a car accident and me and my father needed a new scenery to help move on." It's almost scripted when I say it.

Oh wait, it is.

"She'll be fine. She's my daughter." My father says to Jack while he finishes his breakfast.

I roll my eyes and finish tying my vans before I grab my keys on the side table by the door and my backpack.

I mutter one last bye before I hurry out the door and to my 'new' car.

I start my car and make my to my new school, it's a only a 15 minute drive from the new house which isn't to bad. I hit the stereo in the car and 'Akina Speed Star by Xavier Wulf' plays through the sound system.

I slowly start to pull into the school parking lot, which is already packed. Of course I'll be parking in the back so I have a nice long walk.

Lovely.

I parked my car, in the back, and got out of the car. I kept my head down like I am supposed to. There is people standing outside and as I make my way inside there are people scattered all over the halls.

"You must be the new girl. I'm Teresa." Well she's very forward.

I stand there starring at her for a few minutes. Blonde hair, blue eyes, white tank top, and black jeans. She's basic is my first thought.

"Uh, Amanda." I mutter to her. "Where's the office?" I question her while looking around her to find it myself.

"I can take you, I'm pretty sure they're going to make me show you around anyways. I'm on the student council so I always get the newbies." She starts laughing to herself and turns around.

I follow her while she points things out around the school, half paying attention to her.

I'm not trying to be rude, just no friends.