Chapter 48

Jayden's POV

On reaching the place where Mikey was with Leo and the two girls, they all greeted me when I walked in.

"Hey man. How's Rose??" Leo asked.

"Better. The doctor said she'll be healed in no time. Just needs a bit of rest." I said as ai sat down beside Mikey.

"That's good to hear. Me and Tracy are going to visit her later." Kate said as she sipped a cup of what looked like coffee.

"I bet she'd appreciate that." I started. "Oh Leo, Darryl said you had some things to do. You're in charge of patrolling the easter entrance of the territory right?? I was told that's where Marcus's forces entered when we were in Hollow."

"Y-Yeah. I uhh.. our patrol group was attacked so we couldn't send out a warning that they were coming." He explained, but I could tell that he wasn't telling the truth.

"Really?? Well, they must have done something to prevent you from using your pride link to warn your men that were in the capital. Perhaps Marcus used a spell of his." I say, not taking my eyes off of him.

"Yeah. Maybe he did."

But you know, there's something that's really bothering me." The look of worry was now on his face. "How did Marcus know when to attack?? I mean, he knew that me and the others would be gone at the time. It's pretty weird. It's like someone told him of our plans or something."

"Y-Yeah.. Uhm, I have to go. I have to file some report that I need to give Darryl later." He said as he got up.

"I should get going too." Tracy added and Kate turned to her.

"What?? Where are you going??" She asked her friend.

"The casters that the King and Queen sent will arrive tomorrow right?? I wanna help prepare for their arrival. You know, clean some rooms and that." She said but Kate only.lookee at her weirdly.

"Since when do you want to clean?? Whatever. C'mon I'll go with you. We can visit Rose afterwards."

So the two of them waved their goodbyes before leaving me there with Mikey.

"Was it a good idea letting them know that we're on to them??" Mikey asked me.

"One thing that you should know Mikey.. People tent to make more mistakes when they know that they're being watched." He seemed to understand what I meant and nodded his head.

"We need to get more evidence before telling Darryl or anyone else. So you should.."

"I know I know. Keep a closer eyes on them." He finished for me and I gently flicked him on the head.

"Hey!!" He exclaimed.

"I was gonna go back and check up on Rose. Wanna come with??"

"Sure. It beats just sitting here and run the risk of getting seen my Lindzey." He said as he got up from his seat.

"She really like you huh??"

"Ew. She's a great friend and all but I can't stand her flirting. Seriously." I chuckled at that. "Changing the subject, you wanna hear how I plan on getting back at Seb, Raph and their mates??"

I raised a brow at that. "What are you up to Mikey??" He only smirked.

"Me?? Nothing. But a bit of revenge won't hurt right??"

"Do what you want Mikey. But you have to promise me something first." He looked at me questioningly.

"And that is??"