🍀 Umai 🍀 + Hiatus

____________________________

CHAPTER 9: UMAI

"When is Rengoku going to wake up...?" You asked yourself in a bored tone. "It's been two days, and I'm getting sick from all the (favourite drinks)..."

You groaned silently as you continued drinking the drink you were drinking before. Your legs and arms are getting restless, so you decided to take a walk from the hospital. Your butt was glued to the chair for the last two days, not including toilet breaks. You huffed a little as you pushed the chair back, standing up. You took one last glance at Rengoku, and then you prepared yourself to go outside. But you were interrupted by a certain voice, and you thought that taking a walk can wait.

"Umai!" Rengoku's eyes shot open, and sat up straight. "Hey, (Your name)! I dreamt of eating sweet potatoes!"

You jumped on Rengoku, giving the biggest bear-hug you could muster. You were smiling widely. Rengoku took his time to look around the room, finally noticing that he wasn't in the Butterfly Estate, where he usually gets his wounds treated.

"Where am I?" Rengoku asked you.

"I'm not exactly sure, either." You admitted, letting go from the hug, sitting back in the chair you pushed back. "But this is a world where 'quirks' exist. It's like a supernatural ability."

"You're not a ghost, are you?" Rengoku crossed his arms. "Am I a ghost?"

"No, I'm not." You deadpanned, but chuckling after. "Listen, I have a small confession to make. I have a supernatural ability as well... and I kept it a secret..."

You stared at the brim of Rengoku's bed, but you felt a hand head-patting your head. "We knew that." Rengoku smiled brighter. "Oyakata-sama told us when you disappeared."

You blinked twice. You were still processing the information. You smiled, and then when you clearly heard what Rengoku said, your face turned into pure shock.

"And Oyakata-sama was the one who told me to keep it secret!" You shouted. "Anyway. I've been enrolled in U.A., so I'm a student there! I was getting lonely there."

"Can I get some sweet potato? I'm hungry." Rengoku piped up. You laughed, and went to find one of those roaming robots, and ordered sweet potato. When you came back to Rengoku's ward, you heard him shout 'Umai' between every bite. You laughed, and sat beside him, also copying what Rengoku was doing.

"Excuse me, would you mind keeping it down?" A nurse asked, entering the room. The two of you were still eating cluelessly, shouting 'umai'. "I've heard complaints from next-doors... Well, to be exact, everyone in this ward is getting annoyed."

That was when you both whispered 'umai'. After finishing the sweet potatoes, you were completely stuffed and grinned sheepishly. Rengoku patted your head, before the two of you fell asleep. Your eyes shot open when you realised you had to choose where you want to intern at and you turned on the lights. Rengoku didn't wake up.

You absolutely didn't know where to go for internships, so you went out of the hospital, finding your school friends where you should go. You didn't own a phone, yet. You were walking down the streets, finding Uraraka's house. That was when you felt a hand on your shoulder and you quickly turned around, freaked out.

"It's Todoroki." You sighed a sigh of relief when you heard Todoroki's voice. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I could ask the same to you." You shot back. "Anyway, since you're here, can you help me decide which internship I should go to?"

"You still haven't decided that?" Todoroki raised an eyebrow. He just wanted to get away from his father for a while. "Where were you for the past three days?"

"Hospital." You replied. "Which intern are you going to?"

"I'm going to my old man's." Todoroki replied.

"Well, I'll go there too!" You smiled, looking down at your internship paper. "Yeah. That's where I'll go. Endeavor's agency. Thank you, Todoroki!"

Rengoku will be discharged from the hospital next week, and the doctors praised how fast his body could heal. Rengoku didn't like the idea of you going to a hero's internships, but he couldn't do anything because he was stuck in bed. You reassured your brother that you'd be completely fine and Todoroki was there, so there was nothing to worry about.

Rengoku became more concerned when he heard a boy's name. In fact, he decided he disliked Todoroki the moment he heard his name. Rengoku huffed a huff of anger, and laid back down on his bed. At seven a.m., you walked with Todoroki to his father's agency.

"Shoto, why did you bring a girl along?" Endeavour raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms.

"You're the one who gave me an internship offer." You reminded the man, raising an eyebrow. Endeavour's expression hasn't changed at all, and he clicked his tongue, gesturing for the two of you to follow him. "We'll be patrolling outside." He said, already walking out the door.

You nodded and walked beside Todoroki, following the fiery old-man. Before you went into the internships, Todoroki reminded you that they came up with hero names. You blinked twice, and one name went straight into your head, and that word was: 'Nani'?

In the end, you made your hero name 'Bloom'. Why? You wanted to bloom like any other flowers, plus, it kind of reminds you of your sakura breath style. Three days have passed, and all you did was just watch Endeavour hunting down criminals. Todoroki seemed to be learning things from it, but you were a demon slayer, not a hero.

Right now, you just focused your eyes at the night sky, ignoring everything that's around you. Bloom. One day, the future will bloom brighter than the past, it's a sign of hope. You heard from Nezu that you're in the future right now, which means the demon hunters managed to kill Muzan, seeing that no demons have been appearing.

But you're here, there are bound to be demons loose here. "Shoto!" Endeavour shouted. That snapped you out of your day-dreaming.

"Come on, (Your name). Midoriya's in trouble." Todoroki took your arm, and dragged you to an alleyway, with the familiar scent of blood wafting to your nostrils.

____________________________

A/N
I'm losing motivation for this story. I'm taking a few days hiatus so I can get some more motivation :'D

I'm sorry. 

I will most definitely update my pre-made chapters!