🌸 cats. nothing, just cats 🌸

I have given up trying to be aesthetic... anyway, enjoy this chapter cause I've been dead

_________________________________

CHAPTER 29: CATS.

Sunrise. The sun was not showing rays of light onto your skin, nor was it warm either. That's strange. Well, it wasn't so strange anymore now that you're a demon, but it's strange about the fact that you have forgotten the feeling of the sun on your skin. It hasn't been long since you were turned either. You should remember.

Come to think of it, why are you not getting burned from the sun yet? Obanai, Mitsuri, Himejima, and Shinobu have rushed back to Oyakata-sama, being informed of a new mission; or just a monthly Hashira meeting. Your crow never came back to inform you of any of the sorts. The conclusion; you weren't invited. It wasn't that surprising, really.

Sighing, you arrive back at your estate. What perked your attention was that it has not been taken down by Oyakata-sama's orders, well, he wouldn't do that in the first place, but it hasn't been demolished yet. According to rumours you've overheard, if one betrays the Demon Corp, they would need to commit seppuku. If a Hashira, their estate would be completely destroyed, too.

You blinked twice. Seems like you were still able to stay at your home. "Oh hey, you're Y/n, right?" Startled by the sudden voice that appeared at your home, you flinched. "Aha, it has been long since we last talked... erm... cats? The festival?" The teenager said not-very-hurriedly in an attempt for you to remember.

You rubbed your temples before hitting your head and said; "Oh. Ohhhh! Shinsou!" You exclaimed. "Welcome to my estate! Did you bring the cats? You spent a bloody amount of time..." You trailed off as you gestured for Shinsou to enter your estate. There was a quick, awkward silence.

"Did you dye your hair?" Shinsou asked trying to lift the awkwardness off the air. Didn't work.

"Erm..."

"Were your pupils always like that?" Shinsou asked again. "You know what, it isn't my business to pry. At any rate, you need to get a damn cat litter, a place for your cats to sleep and cat food."

"Hol' up, catS?!" You emphasized the 's'. The plural.

"Cats. You agreed," Shinsou lifted an eyebrow, "good thing I brought a bag of cat litter." You knelt down to the kittens who have visibly grown a lot fatter and bigger. You watched them follow Shinsou around the estate, they were like ducklings following their mother. You grinned.

"Ne, Shinsou, have you named these cuties yet?"

"Kind of."

What kind of an answer was 'kind of'? It's either you named them or you haven't! "If you've 'kind of' named them, then I'll name them myself." You huffed. Shinsou didn't respond. You stayed still as you watched Shinsou care for the cats. A soft breeze flew by.

"Wait, hang on, it's the damn crack of dawn, how are you awake? Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" You asked, suddenly remembering that the sky is a soft orange colour. It was nowhere near sky blue.

"Sleep? What's that?"

"HEY! Sleep is good for you!" You huffed, "sleep is a damn hobby. But... it's not like I have a healthy sleep schedule too..." The last sentence was barely audible and came out like a mumble. Miraculously, Shinsou heard it.

"Then you don't have the right to lecture me, do you?" Shinsou remarked. The teenager picked up a fairly sensible cat (what you mean by sensible, you mean one of the cats that aren't scratching Shinsou's clothes) and passed him to you.

"Name?"

"None."

"Hi, None." You smiled, rubbing None's tummy. He didn't like that. In response to the tummy rub, he hissed, turned around, and slept. Huh... Are all cats like this?

"What I meant by 'none' I meant he didn't have a name..." Shinsou sighed, "what time did you sleep?"

"I didn't," you replied, "I spent the night in damn agony." Shinsou laughed, thinking you were messing with him. Do demons even need sleep? You asked yourself. You're not tired, your brain just isn't processing information right. Shinsou smiled, patted your head, and headed out the door. After saying your goodbyes, you looked over to the kitchen table. It seemed like he left a note.

"Oh. With three cats, aren't I making my estate Shinobu-proof?" You wondered aloud. Shinsou was too far away to hear your thoughts.