"Will you just please listen to me"

I sigh as I face her, giving her my full attention.

"Look Lis, your not dumb, it doesn't matter where you have been. What matters the most is that you are still living. With training or without, you still have the alpha blood in you– not to mention the almighty Marco Manoban's blood" She gave me an encouraging look as she gave my shoulder a supporting light squeeze.

"I believe in you, my alpha"

But instead of being encouraged, I just pouted at her, unconvinced. "But the pack can live even in my absence"

"Where's the old Lalice who dreamt of being alpha?" She started searching my body. "Where did you hide her, huh?"

"Stop that Chaeng" I grasp her wrists. "It's just that, after everything that had happened to me, I think I lost all hope, especially my dream of leading the pack someday"

"Then let me bring that hope back to you. Just come back home with me"

I sigh for the nth time. "Alright"

"Great!" She suddenly beams, her mood quickly changing from serious to jolly in just a snap. "I'll book us a flight tomorrow, we leave at dawn"

This took me off-guard. "Flight?"

Chaeyoung looks up from her phone, confused a bit. "Yeah, the pack migrated to Australia long ago"

How dumb of me to think, they'll be staying in Korea after that tragic event.

I love to meet the pack again, but the flight to Australia itself could take half a day, which makes a whole day for a round trip.

And I can't just leave Jennie like that right?

After all, she wants me to stay with her. And I won't let that opportunity slide to get closer with my mate.

This is my chance.

I breathe deeply as I made up my mind. "I'm sorry Chaeng, but I'm afraid I can't come with you"

"Why not?" She frowns. "If your thinking about the passport, I could just—"

"It's not about the passport" I bit my lower lip as my eyes darted nervously on the ground.

Should I tell her about my mate?

"Well as you can see, your eighteen already and so am I..."

"No way" she exaggerates a gasp. "Don't tell me..."

I only nodded to confirm her suspicions. "Yes, I found my mate"

Chaeyoung's face turned from utter shock to being enthusiastic. Both her eyes and mouth changing from being round as a ball to having this wide grin that reaches the sky.

It was priceless, her expression. Funny to see it change so rapidly.

"That's good news!" She then squeals in joy. "Not only will the pack have its Alpha back, but it will also finally have a Luna too"

"That's the problem Chaeng"

Her brows furrowed instantly. "What is the problem?"

"She's a hun– human, she has a life here in Korea and.... uh- she might hate werewolves like us?"

I almost slip!

I hate lying to my best friend, but can you blame me? I'm just protecting my mate and who knows what will Chaeyoung do if she finds my mate is a hunter.

"What is wrong with a human mate?" Her expression lightens. "I believe you have met MY mate earlier, her scent is on you"

I bob my head as I replay my not-so-good encounter with that woman who turned out to be my best friend's mate.

But I'm pretty sure she's a hunter too.

"So?"

"My point is, if both our mates are humans who live here, then the pack won't mind if they migrate back to Korea, right? Besides, they would do anything just for their alpha and luna"

"I suppose so..." I say unsurely before a thought suddenly came to mind. "What are you and your mate doing here anyway?"

"We're visiting her cousin. Why?"

A moment of silence passes before we gasp in unison as we pieced the puzzles together.

"Your mate and my mate are cousins!" Again, we voiced out our thoughts in unison, that just proves that we do really share the same brain cells.

We excitedly jump around, squealing as our hands were clasped together; like children alike.

That is until...

"Rosé!" The scary woman from earlier yells from afar, standing with her arms on her sides. "You are cheating already on the second day of our relationship?!"

My best friend swiftly unclasp her hands to mine and rush to her mate, giving her a peck on her cheeks.

They're so sweet.

I can't help but envy the people around me.

It made me think why the moon goddess has given me a very complicated relationship while she has given the others a very easy one.

So unfair.

"I won't ever cheat on you" The taller woman wraps her arm around her mate's waist as they both made their way towards me. Though, the glare on the shorter girl did not leave her face.

"Lisa, my mate, Kim Jisoo and Jisoo this is Lisa, my childhood friend"

The name rang in my ears again.

Where have I heard that name again?

Right, Jennie mentioned her.

"You must be Jennie's unnie" I gave her my best smile as I politely held a hand out.

To my relief, she gladly took it as she returned the smile. "My apologies for my actions earlier"

"No big deal"

"So have you talked to your cousin?" Chaeng asks her mate.

"Yeah... apparently she's sick so I can't introduce you to her" Jisoo pouted sadly which made the other girl cupped her cheeks.

I just looked away, wanting to gag at their sweetness.

Why can't Jennie and I be like that?

"Lisa?" Chaeyoung calls.

"Yeah?"

"We're going now, lets catch up some other time, okay?"

"Alright"

And with that, they left happily, hand in hand.

Leaving me with the feeling of relief, joy and envy, all mixed together as one and placed inside my chest just to be a burden.

******