The twins were indeed the younger siblings of Zakai, the assassin who had stabbed Celine in the stomach a few years back. He was also the spitting image of her late husband.

Once Celine had left the Zionitte Empire, she had traveled to Krastia with Hala and Zakai. She offered him and his family refuge since he would be killed for failing to accomplish his task. Since then, Zakai, the twins, and their mother had been living in her estate too.

Zakai also became her business partner and helped Draco negotiate or speak to the customers in Celine's stead.

Although Zakai was deeply integrated into her life, she had long come to terms with the fact that he was not her late husband. She did, however, encourage the growing relationship between Hala and Zakai, believing that their descendants would one day give birth to her late husband. Celine hoped that perhaps they would exist in the future of this parallel world.

Four years had passed since then. Celine was now a 20 year old woman who had escaped her tragic fate. She had fully grown into a tall, lean woman with an ample bosom. Her features remained the same, although her face had considerably narrowed as she lost the baby fat on her cheeks. One remarkable difference was Celine's hair, which had been dyed black in order to prevent any unwanted attention. Whenever she traveled to public spaces, she wore an eye patch to cover the gold in her eye. Nonetheless, she still stood out due to her height and facial features.

Luckily, Celine didn't need to leave the mountains often, for she sent Draco and Zakai in her stead for business purposes. Not to mention, Celine grew her own food and spices. Through Draco, she earned a lot of money, continuing to invent goods and innovative new technology. Celine also acquired a new hobby, where young women commissioned her for makeovers and brought her a positive reputation in return. She only received business once in a blue moon, which wasn't much work at all.

She had even decided to create a light bulb, although she never placed it in the market. Celine didn't want the world to enter the industrial revolution and further escalate climate change. Therefore, electricity was only used in her home and strictly kept a secret from outsiders. 

All in all, one could say that she had gone very far in her career as an engineer and businessman. Celine truly believed that she was a very lucky person. She was forever thankful for Draco and all the other friends in her life. She truly wouldn't have made it very far if it wasn't for them.

*****

After Celine and the children finished washing themselves, Draco morphed into a smaller dragon in order to take them back to the mansion. As they arrived at the front steps, the scent of meat filled their noses, making the twins drool.

"Mom is cooking that dish tonight."

They hastily entered their home, revealing a modern interior that Celine had carefully designed.

Everyone seemed to gather around the wooden dining table after smelling the wonderful aroma. Even Draco had transformed into a human in order to enter the dining room.

The mass production of toilet paper had been finalized and was ready to sell now. Although Zakai and Draco had contributed immensely, Celine had also hired unemployed locals who needed the extra money. It had taken many years to perfect the formula, yet she had finally accomplished her goal through the collaborative effort.

Zakai's mother wanted to reward everyone for the accomplishment, so she cooked a special meal in celebration. There was an assortment of side dishes surrounding the bigger plates of expensive meat. Celine smiled as the lively table quickly became filled with jokes and laughter, and the mansion was soon brimming with life. She had never felt such a heartwarming atmosphere even in her previous life. The food in her mouth was savory and flavorful, yet eating with loved ones left a sweet, lingering taste in her mouth.

"Since we're celebrating like this, let's go to the festival tonight!" Ichika mumbled with a mouth full of food.

"Yes, you should go! I'll guard the house while you guys are gone." Celine smiled and wiped the pieces of food around her lips, patting her head affectionately.

"You should come with us this time." Hala pouted. "You've never been to one of these festivals, despite living here for so long! You would love this event. It is much more fun than the night market in Nour!"

"Not tonight, I already washed myself." Celine politely declined and resumed eating. However, she still squirmed as she realized that the conversation was far from over.

"That's fine, let's go tomorrow then. This festival happens to be a two day event!" Zakai smiled mischievously, and Celine frowned.

"But I stand out too much. . . I will only be a burden. . ." She complained.

Zakai's mother firmly pointed her utensil towards Celine. "It will be a waste if no one witnesses your beauty! You must go and find a man."

"Although no one is good enough for our Celine." Hala pitched in.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

Eventually, Celine succumbed to their wishes and agreed to visit the festival.

"It's better to go tomorrow. My friend said that the emperor will be joining our town festival tomorrow. Maybe we can finally take a glimpse at our sun!" Eiji remarked curiously. "Ouch! Why would you hit me!"

Ichika pinched her brother in annoyance. She quickly checked to see Celine's reaction, who had stilled. Ichika sighed, wanting to punch her dense little brother.

She dragged him underneath the table and hissed, "You're not supposed to mention the emperor in this house or Celine will be sad! So shut up and don't say anything if you're going to be like this!"

Although Ichika was older by a couple of minutes, Eiji was extremely terrified as he nodded obediently. He couldn't help but shed a single tear from being scolded. He was too scared to ask why the emperor shouldn't be mentioned in front of Celine when he was the ruler of Krastia! However, he suppressed his curiosity down to avoid a beating.

They climbed back to their seats, although everyone had already heard the twins whisper under the table.

Hala gulped as the dining room became slightly awkward.

*****

After dinner, Celine left to visit the mansion's backyard.

Draco had built walls surrounding their mansion in order to keep out intruders. Within the walls was a spacious amount of land, so Celine decided to plant vegetables, fruit trees, and even a flower garden.

She walked towards the far corner of the wall, away from the garden and crops. There was a memorial stone underneath a small pavilion.

Celine placed a purple, jasmine flower next to the stone. She chose jasmines since it reminded her of an old friend.

"I miss you a little more tonight, Yasna. Today, I was reminded of the past."