Chapter 50

Celine realized that the situation had turned dangerous, so she decided to leave secretly.

If someone had wiped her away from Prince Zayden's memories, it could be the same for any of her friends. She was only relieved that Hala had left before this phenomenon. She continued to weep pathetically as she sat on Draco's back, who was currently in the form of a horse.

A woman stopped in front of Celine, blocking her path. She strained her eyes and was surprised to see Lady Yasna, who was disheveled as if she had rushed to meet Celine.

"Yasna? What are you doing here?" Celine asked dubiously. Her tears momentarily stopped as she took in her friend's bulging stomach. The baby would definitely be due soon.

Before Lady Yasna could respond, her eyes widened as she looked past Celine and sensed an imminent danger.

"Yasna, get back here! It's dangerous!" The scream belonged to Lady Yasna's husband, whom Celine could not see as she checked her surroundings.

Yasna looked ahead in defiance and pushed Celine off the horse. Even Draco moved back in surprise to check on Celine. Then, an arrow whisked past Celine and pierced Yasna's heart.

This event happened so quickly that Celine couldn't even react in time. She watched as Yasna fell with a thud, her eyes rolled back as her head hit the concrete floor.

"Yasna. . ." Celine wheezed at the sight of her friend. She couldn't take her eyes off her dear friend, and the pool of blood beginning to form made her gag.

Celine panted heavily, unable to breathe. Her sight had became blurry, and Celine felt the bile in her stomach making its way up. She barely felt her familiar transform into a dragon until she was dragged away by him.

The onset of arrows couldn't penetrate Draco's skin so they continued to safely fly upwards. She raised her eyes to the spot where Yasna had stared at, moments before her death. She saw the Crown Prince and his concubine. Prince Laith lifted his bow, directing his arrow towards her. Zavia seemed to smile, while Sir Vigos slumped to the floor. However, as they witnessed her familiar's transformation, Zavia's smile twisted into a snarl. Even the Crown Prince paused, before resuming his stance and pulling another arrow.

This was my sealed fate. I was supposed to die today, but I didn't die because of Yasna and Draco.

Celine desperately clung to Draco's back as they flew where arrows couldn't reach them. She cried in pain, as she had lost too many loved ones in one day.

She cursed her luck, and knew that someday she would return for revenge. 

***

Later in the evening

The night was strangely eerie. The Emperor and Crown Prince sat besides one another around the long, dining table filled with delicacies. Across from the table, a small woman with honey colored eyes exuded an ominous aura. They seemed to be eating dinner, like a happy family.

However, if one observed closely, they would see that only the woman seemed to enjoy the meal. The men across from her barely touched the food on their plate; their eyes empty as they took in each bite. Their bodies were stiff and pale, as if they were a hollow shell.

The woman continued to smile and hum merrily as she even took some food off the Emperor's plate.

END OF SEASON 1