The receptionist snorted, glaring at me. "Oh, so you're Mr Rannagan?" She retorted sarcastically. Fine, she won this round.

"Do you happen to know an Emerald Mines?" I asked her again, crossing my fingers that it would work. She looked up from whatever she was doing, and nodded slowly.

"She's my bestie, and she wants me to pass some things to her boyfriend, Miles." Gosh, if this didn't work, I wouldn't be able to get that Valentino dress I wanted so badly. I had about three thousand saved up, and by adding the four hundred he was paying me, I could afford it easily.

"Oh!" She looked extremely surprised, "W-well, then it seems to be okay. You have ten minutes." She was lying all along about him being unavailable, and the minute his precious girlfriend's name was said, everything was cleared. How did that bitch get all the good guys?

I didn't bother with waving, and stalked off towards the elevators. Coincidentally, when I reached, the elevator doors opened and out stepped the person I needed to see. I hadn't seen him before face-to-face, but I knew what he looked like from the numerous photographs in the file.

He ignored me, and stalked past, his hands full with files. I took it as my chance to make a move. "Hey, you look like you need some help," I rushed towards him, and started taking some of his files to help him lighten his load.

"Oh, thanks," He looked at me, a small smile on his face.

"So, where do they need to go?" I asked, as I followed him out of the building and towards a car that probably belonged to him.

He unlocked his car, and started neatly placing his load of files in the passenger seat, "Just place them here." I nodded, and copied his format of placing the files. Gosh, why did I have to do this? That asshole should have paid me at least six hundred to do this manual labour as well; I think my manicure could have chipped off.

I started walking off slowly, knowing that he would ask me something real soon. It was common courtesy, and if he didn't, I would be shaking my head disappointedly. Sure enough, he did. "Hey, can I buy you some coffee as a thank you?" He called out from his car, and I turned back to look at him, feigning surprise.

"Are you sure, I don't want to impose." If he said no, I would punch him. Obviously, I needed to impose on him. 

"It's alright," He shot me a tired smile, "There's a coffee place a two blocks down." I pretended to think about it, and nodded slowly.

"Sure."

In about five minutes or so, we were at Starbucks. We found two seats near the inner corner of the shop, and I noticed Miles looking around nervously. Probably because he didn't want to be spotted with another girl; one that looked like a hooker.

"Hey, I'll go buy the coffee," I volunteered, and he mumbled his order to me - an espresso. I nodded, and made my way to order, an evil smile gradually growing larger on my face. Valentino dress - you will be mine.

I purchased the coffee, and quickly opened his cup, taking one Ambien pill and dropped it into his drink, before stirring it vigorously until I was sure it dissolved. Then, I made my way back to the table, passing him the drink.