Chapter 3

Em's POV

That meeting with Blake left me quite unnerved. I was paranoid- Whenever I heard a man speak, I would immediately assume it was him. If this didn't stop soon, I would need to see a psychiatrist.

It was already a week after the meeting with him, and I had moved into my new office and had a new secretary. It had an amazing view!

Today was a Saturday, and I was just chilling at home with Elliot, waiting for Miles to arrive so we could have some 'family time'. Yes, family time. I was worrying about Elliot's future if he didn't have a father, and so, Miles was going to fill in for the time being. Elliot could speak a little, but only could say 'Momma' and some other words. 

"Elliot, come!" I waved him over, and he walked unsteadily across the room to where I was seated on the sofa, and hugged my leg when he reached me. Elliot was kind of a late bloomer in terms of walking, but now, he was much better. He could walk now, but sometimes fell. "Momma!" He grabbed on to my leg like a koala bear, and I grinned, patting his blonde hair.

"Momma! Fwood!" Elliot cried out, and I lifted him up, carrying him to his high chair where his blended food was placed. "Can you feed yourself?" I asked him, and he nodded, making weird noises. I passed him his tiny spoon, and he began scooping the mashed food, stuffing it into his mouth. Because he didn't swallow before putting the next scoop in his mouth, it spilled out and dirtied his tiny table. 

I grabbed a wet cloth and started cleaning up the mess, and Elliot snatched the cloth from me, and started cleaning it himself, making the whole situation even worse. "Nonononono, Elliot!" I complained, taking the cloth gently from him and wiping up the mess. 

Then, the doorbell rang. "Elliot, be good," I instructed him, and he gurgled. I walked briskly to the front door, and sure enough, Miles was there with a daisy. At least he remembered that I hated roses. Roses reminded me of Blake again; Blake proposed to me with roses.

Miles handed me the daisy, planting a kiss on my cheek and walking in. "Hey Eli!" He cooed, lifting Elliot up, and spinning him around. Elliot laughed, and I started laughing as well, because his laugh was so infectious. 

Suddenly, my phone rang from my shelf. I ran to it, and answered the phone without checking who it was. "Hellooo?" I asked, and I heard breathing. Nothing else. What was this, Darth Vader? I was about to hang up, when I heard that familiar voice utter, "Em?" 

My blood went cold, and cold sweat trickled down my neck and onto my back. "What do you want?" I hissed, and a second passed.. Then two... Then three.. "I need to meet you," The voice pleaded, and I shook my head even though he couldn't see me.

"How did you get my number?" I demanded, and the voice whimpered desperately. "Please, it's important," He whispered into the phone, and I sighed reluctantly.

"Fine."

I hung up, walking back to where Miles and Elliot were playing with a toy truck. Miles turned to me curiously, and I shrgged. "I need to go out," I said sadly, and he stood up, planting a soft kiss on my lips. "Don't worry, Elliot's safe with me," He assured, giving me a hug.