Nozel-Chapter 8

As we split up I went straight to the mayor's house, Solid and my rival following me. I knocked on the high wooden doors. A servant opened it and asked suspiciously,"What business no you stranger want here? The mayor is busy." She narrowed her eyes.

"We need to see the mayor." I said.

"Why?" she asked

"These words are not just for any ears to hear." I responded

"Well then, the mayor doesn't need to see you." She said and slammed the door.

I used my magic to plug the space between the two doors, so they couldn't close. She gasped.

"Why you! You have no right to see the mayor! Get lost right now!" she screamed.

All three of us pushed back our hoods.

"Oh?"

She stumbled backwards, and held the doors wide open, "Please forgive me," She bowed low. Beads of sweat forming on her forehead. Then whispered, "Please don't tell the mayor."

I only walked past her and entered the house. Another servant bumped into us in the hallway. Her eyes widened.

"You must be here to see the mayor." She curtsied. "Please, follow me."

She led us to another pair to doors, "The mayor is inside." Then she left.

I knocked on the door, and the mayor shouted, "Come in! Come in!"

I shoved the doors aside, and a short and cubby man hustled over and pulled out three chairs, "Sit, sit."

And shuffled back behind his desk. I kept standing.

He spoke, "Ah. You must be here for the bandits." He turned to me, "The ones you got rid of are gone, but new ones have arrived. I am sorry to have troubled you again."

I nodded, "Please tell us all you know information, mayor."

He respond, "Please, all me Gifso. My full name is Gifso Tubet Poizot. So, everything about the bandits. Where should I start? Hm, yes. So five days ago, one of the bandits had raided a family's home, but never stole anything. The bandit killed the husband and child, and left the woman alive. She only told us this, and has not talked ever since. But that was only the first incident. It happened again three days ago.'

'Another family of a husband, wife, two children, and grandfather were found dead in their home. They were farmers, and lived further away from other people, so their bodies were at least a day old." The mayor sighed. "This has never happened before. Theives only stole money and food. Now they only murder, and leave everything else untouched. Unless you count the destruction that their magic caused. I have paperwork to finish, so I will ask someone to show you or tell you whatever you need to know." He finished.
"Excuse me", said Gifso, and sucked in a deep breath, "DROWA!"

I saw Solid flinch, but my rival didn't, just what I'd expect. I thought to myself.

A a boy around Solid's age burst into the room. "Yes, father", he panted.

Gifso gestured to us, "Give these men any information they need to know."

Drowa turned to me and Fuegoleon and his draw dropped open, not giving and credit to Solid, eh? I like you. I smirked in my mind. Who would pay attention to a normal magic knight when they have two magic knight captains in front of them, anyway?

Drowa finally spoke, "Please, follow me."

He led us to a normal living room, and pulled out chairs for us to sit.

He wrung his hands, "What would you like to know?"

Fuegoleon spoke, "We would like to see the woman that survived the attack."

I nodded at him, "Please, lead the way."