6

"Kandyland, shoutout your channel."

Kandy was eliminated then, keeping Minx and Ivy. It was revealed that she had chosen host, and Schlatt shook his head, disappointed. You were curious of his reaction - when you inevitably were voted out, would he do the same?

Still, things progressed much the same as they had been from there. More questions, more dumb answers, more Schlatt seemingly not caring at all. Matching his energy had worked well for you in the first few rounds, and you decided to stick with it, not paying too much attention to what was going on in the show unless it was directed at you. 

You did keep an ear open though, catching all jokes that slipped from Schlatt's mouth like they were nothing. 

You were starting to understand why people found him so funny - he had an uncanny ability to turn anything into a joke, taking an topic of conversation and turning it into something else with an out of pocket comment. It was more about the timing than anything else, you supposed - and it was obvious to you that he had mastered comedic timing.

You stifled another laugh, running another hand over your mouth.

On screen, the corner of Schlatt's mouth twitched up into a smile again. "I can see you trying not to laugh, Y/N."

You sighed, smiling to yourself. "Men with terrible facial hair aren't supposed to be this attractive, stop being so funny."

You had meant it as a joke, but Schlatt seemed taken aback for a second, his eyebrows rising up as his face split into an actual grin. Seeing his reaction, you were about to take the comment back, but decided against it. Even if you didn't actually like him that much, this was a dating show. You would get your points in where you could, even if you had to fake it.

Or at least, you told yourself you were faking it. 

"Anna, shoutout your channel."

It was around the time that Anna was eliminated that you had to face a realization - Schlatt wasn't as bad as he came off to be as first. Yeah, he was a little rude, but a few jokes in, you could see that it was all in the name of comedy. Every now and again, you would catch a glimpse of something else underneath that exterior - something that laughed loud and smiled wide and seemed genuinely happy when one of his friends was brought in on a call to question the remaining contestants.

He maybe wasn't that bad. You had been a little quick to judge him in the beginning, but after spending two hours with the guy, you were starting to waver on your decision to choose host.

"Oooh, and it looks like Ivy, this is the end of the road." Austin said.

You frowned, though you had seen this coming. Between Ivy, Botez and Minx, Ivy hadn't stood much of a chance. Not to mention that she hadn't been doing much talking during most of the questions  - her shy and sweet personality was too easy to brush aside in favor of someone else. 

"Before we let you go," Austin continued. "It's time to reveal what Ivy chose before the show today..." He drew out a pause. "She chose love! Ivy chose love!"

You caught the corner of Schlatt's mouth twitch down for a second - while he had sorted out a few hosts, there had been a few casualties in the love category as well.

"Ivy shoutout your channel."

Ivy sighed, fluffing her afro. "You guys can all find me at ivy_soar on YouTube and Twitch. Thanks for having me Austin. Bye chat, bye guys!" She waved at her camera before the screen went black and the tile that used to hold her disappearing to be replaced with Tessa.

And then there were five. You, Maddy, Minx, Tessa and Botez. You picked up your phone to text Maddy again.

dude i didnt think i was going to make it this far

Her reply came back in an instant.

me either tbh

You were in the same boat then. It was a little strange, knowing that Maddy had also chosen host - at least two of the remaining contestants were planning on hosting him. You were fairly confident that Tessa had chosen love (she seemed sweet enough from her responses to questions, and she had followed you on Twitter in the beginning) but Minx and Botez were wild cards. 

"I have another question." Schlatt said. 

"Go ahead." Austin said.

"Hypothetically, we're on a date." Schlatt led in. "We're having a good time, until this massive, muscly man comes along and starts aggressively hitting on me, and I'm just so taken with him - he's absolutely huge, and you can see his dick through his shorts-"

"Alright Schlatt, get to the point." Austin said. You huffed out a small laugh through your nose.

"And I break up with you right then and there, what do you do?" Schlatt finished.

"Fight the ugly cunt for taking my man." Minx said. "I don't care how fucking big he is, I'll kick his ass."

Schlatt frowned. "He didn't take me, I broke up with you because he's just so attractive-"

"I don't fucking care, I'll fight both of you-"

It was a shouting match from there, and you tuned back out of the conversation, playing Maddy back in 8-ball. You had a feeling that you would be out of here soon enough - Botez and Minx were most likely going to get to the end. 

"Y/N, what about you?" Austin prompted.

You glanced up at the screen. "Honestly?"

Schlatt perked up with interest. "Honestly."

"I wouldn't care." You said with a shrug. "If some hunk of a man sees that," You nodded at Schlatt. "And wants him, go ahead. I certainly don't. Good for him."

"Y/N, you do realize that you're supposed to be trying to get Schlatt to pick you right-" Austin started. 

He was cut off by almost maniacal laughter coming from Schlatt. He tipped his head back, laughing loudly and unabashedly. Just watching him laugh made you giggle in turn, until you and Schlatt were just bowled over with laughter. 

Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.