Chapter Four.

"So he just kissed you, and left!" Alli said as I helped he clean up the destoyed house from the earlier party.

"Sounds like an apoligy to me!" Jenna added as she began throwing away the garbage scattered across the floors.

"I don't know. It seemed as though he was forcing the kiss. A goodbye kiss."

"I don't know Clare." Alli answered looking up at me from her garbage bag.

"Ugh, me either."

"Maybe I can get K.C to talk to him!" Jenna offered.

"Is that really such a great idea?" I said looking at her as though she'd gone insane.

"Well I mean c'mon, they both seem to be rebelious. I doubt you'll get Drew and Eli to connect." Jenna spoke, it was completely true though.

"Ughh, yeah your right. But how are we gonna make your boyfriend/my ex, hang with my boyfiend. And find out what going on with him and me?"

"Oh yeah....well we'll figure something out-"

"But! For now start cleaning faster, my parents are gonnabe back at 7 in the morning and its already going on 2 am." Alli said, freaking out a bit.

"Hahaa, okaay!" Me and Jenna both agreed, getting back to work.

"Ughh, finally were done!" Alli said happily as she slumped down on the couch. It was 4:23am, plenty of time to rest....and think about Eli's confusing goodbye kiss. Ughh.....how did things go so bisurk after dinner that night. What was I missing thats making Eli act this way. What is he truly thinking that he can't say. That I'm my mother? That he can't love me, because of my mother? It didn't make sence to me I thought he could see by now who I was, wasn't my mother. Nor anyone but myself. How could he compare me to her, he loved me right? "loved" not loves.

'Oh stop Clare! Your over thinking what he really said!' I yelled at myself trying to pull it together.

'Well maybe I should be, maybe thats what he really meant!' I argued back at myself. I quickly pushed the thought away collapsing next to Alli.

"So bed time?"

"Deff." Alli answered falling across the couch, and closing her eyes. I chuckled, taking the other end of the couch as Jenna took the comfy sofa chair. Girls night gone peacfully.:)

"Wake up Clare bear." I heard through my muffled ears, rubbing my eyes to see Jenna standing over me.

"What time is it?" I said yawning, still stunned to see her.

"Nine in the morning, Alli wanted me to wake you for breakfast." She said smiling sincerely.

"Hah, okay. I'll be right there...just gotta' go to the bathroom." I replied stretching as I watched her turn and walk away. Quickly grabbing my cell phone and hadding for the bathroom down the hall.

I had one missed call from an unknown number, wondeing who it could be, I called it back.

"Hello?" A girl's vioce answered, unfamiliar.

"Hey,umm I'm sorry but did you calll me?" I asked utterly confused now.

"Oh......you must be Clare Edwards.."

"Yes....I am. And you are?"

"Julia."

"......." There was a moment of piercing silence as my eyes grew wide with wonder. Wondering if this Julia were the same Julia as Eli's DEAD ex girlfriend.

"Julia? Do I know you from somewhere?"

"I'm Elijah Goldsworthy's ex girlfriend."

"What?!"........"But your dead!!" I shrieked lowly.

"Is that what Eli had told you? I mean yes I did get hit by that car that night......but Eli left so quick he didn't give me the chance to get better......to see him again."

"Have you spoke to him already?" I asked trying to calm myself a bit, yet leaning against the sink to secure myself from a fatal fall.

"Ive tried, but he won't answer my calls. Thats why I decided to call you, someone had told me he made a new.......friend." She said unwilling to see the truth that Eli had moved on....to me.

"I...I don't know what to say honestly. Just a moment ago you were dead and now I'm.......your.....I'm sorry but I have to go!" I said quickly hanging up, rushing out to Alli's kitchen where Jenna and Alli sat giggling over something, each eating pancakes. I imediatly took my seat next to Alli, seeing the plate set infront of me. My head was spinning and I began to wonder if that had even really happened. Maybe I were dreaming! I wanted it so badly to be a dream honestly.

"You okay?" Alli asked as I bit my nails. We sat cooped up on the couch watching some show she liked.  

"Uhh....I don't know how to even put these into words but I just got off the phone with Julia earlier." 

"Julia who?" 

"E-Eli's ex girlfriend...." I answered awkwardly.  

"What!? You have to be kidding me. It was probably Adam playing a joke on you."  

"No Alli. I know what it looks like but. Julia called me and it was the wierdest thing."