Chapter 1

*Beca's POV*

"Hey there." Jesse smiles as he sees me in the corridor. 

"Hi Jesse." I reply, softly kissing him on the lips. 

"So did you hear about the news?" He asks me as we walk towards the auditorium. 

"Nope, what?" I'm not really listening though, rather looking down at the rythmatic swinging of our entwined hands. 

"There's a new a cappella group."

"Wow, really?" 

"Yeah, they're called the Sonics or soemthing, i can't remember, they're mostly Freshmans."

"But they've missed the auditions, how many members do they have?"

"Not sure, around 10 or so." He smirks at me, "What are you nervous or something?"

I snort. "We're the current defending ICCA champions thank you very much." 

"Oh, forgive me, I forgot i was in the presence of royalty." He momentarily lets go of my hand to bow at me. 

i laugh and he grins. 

"I may give up singing and become a comedian you know." He says taking my hand again. 

"And I fully support that...and here we are." We stop at the auditorium doors.

Jesse closes his eyes, leaning in for a kiss when I turn my head to the door. It sounds like there's someone (or some people) in there, singing. 

"Oi, that was rude." He says when he opens his eyes to find me not looking at him. 

"Shh." I say lifting a finger. 

"Again! Rude." 

"Shut up Jesse, i think there's people in there already."

"Well maybe you should open the door instead of standing out here guessing?"

I glare at him and open the door. There's a group of about 13 or so guys, singing 'Last Friday Night' by Katy Perry. 

"Must be the new group." Jesse says behind me.

"Oh nah, you think?" I say sarcastically. 

As we get closer the lead singer turn around, now facing us.

"No way." I whisper. 

"Huh, you know him?" Jesse asks

It can't be him, it can't be. 

I haven't seen him for years. 

"Rheed?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------