The nurse also told me your first name; I hope it doesn't bother you.

When I knew someone was coming here to stay with you, I knew I had to leave, I couldn't face talking to someone who loves you because they would blame me, and I don't want to feel more guilty than I already am.
You look like a nice guy, Harry. And you don't know how sorry I am.

I hope you can recover fast, and I wished I could help you more. But all I can do is cover your medical expenses. I'll pay for everything. It's on me. You don't have to worry about a thing.

I'm also getting you a new bike, since yours was destroyed in the accident.

Frowning, I put the letter away and looked around the hospital room, only to find a brand-new light blue bike. The frown in my face vanished as quickly as it came. The bike was beautiful, so beautiful it made me smile. 

My mom followed my gaze and nodded at the bike.

"It was delivered only an hour ago." - She hummed. 

"It's pretty." - I chuckled.

"It's a bribe, that's what it is." - Austin huffed.

I didn't dare to look up at him since his tone was nothing but bitter. And that was never good.
Instead, I took the letter again and continued reading.

I'm also leaving you some money and you can do whatever you want with it. I just hope it's enough. 

The only thing I want to ask you, Harry, is please don't try to reach me. Don't try to figure out who I am. I can't be sued about this, and I know you should sue me, because I'm guilty, but I can't allow it. And I'm so sorry.
I hope you have a good recovery; you deserve it. And Harry, I'm pretty sure that if I ever see you again, I'm going to tell you everything in person. One can never forget a boy like you.
But for now, it's better if you don't know me.

-L

After I read the letter twice, I looked up from the piece of paper, shaking my head as I tried to make sense of everything. I had had an accident. I was in the hospital. The person who caused the accident was the one who brought me in, and if anything in this letter was true, he was considerate enough to stay and make sure I was well.

"We should definitely sue him." - Austin said.

"No." - I said, almost in a whisper.

I looked down at the letter once again, holding it tight.

"No?" - He chuckled.

"He... seems nice." - I said. - "I can tell."

"He ran over you with his car."

"But he also saved me." - I mumbled. - "He could have left me on the street to die, but he didn't."

"Harry." - My mom said, reaching to grab my hand yet again. - "He told the nurses his name was Alex Williams, and then he signed that letter with an 'L', it looks like he's hiding something."

"What? No!" - I gasped. - "And why did you read my letter? It was for me!"

"We wanted to know what happened, baby." - Austin said, now in his soft voice, as he sat next to me on the bed. I almost flinched back when his hand rested on my knee.