"I don't give a damn about how you lost anything. You don't know loss" I let a vile growl rip from my chest.

"Oh my dear, I do. It was love. You see when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son she provided the ultimate protection. I could not touch you. It was old magic, something I should have forseen. But no matter, no matter. Things have changed, I can touch you now!" Voldemort dug his finger into Harry's scar.

Harry screams in pain and I feel my blood boil.

I lifted my hands and fired a red ball of magic at him. Voldemort moved just in time to block the magic with a spell-his eyes looked at me hungrily.

"Nerezza" he breathed, "how I've admired your capabilities. You have the potential for darkness locked away in your mind, just think of the things we could accomplish together!" Voldemort laughed manically.

"I'd rather die!" I stated.

"No, no you are much too valuable" Voldemort smiled.

"Leave her alone! Leave her alone or I'll kill you!" Harry yelled angrily.

"Astonishing what a few drops of your blood will do eh Harry? Pick up your wand Potter. I said pick it up, get up. Get up! You've been taught how to duel I presume yes? First we bow to each other. Come on now Harry the niceties must be observed, Dumbledore would not want you to forget your manners now would he? I said bow!" Voldemort rambled on crazily.

Voldemort forced Harry to bow with magic and let him drop from the statues grip.

I ran to Harry but was stopped when Voldemort fired another crucio spell at me.

I collapsed again. The pain worse this time around-I wriggled and writhed in pain, letting screams fall from my bloody lips. The pain stopped and I was once again on the floor, useless to Harry.

"Atta boy Harry, your parents would be proud. Especially your filthy mongrel mother. I'm going to kill you Harry Potter, I'm going to destroy you. After tonight no one will ever again question my powers. After tonight if they speak of you they'll speak only of how you begged for death, and I being a merciful lord obliged. Get up." Voldemort ordered bitterly.

"Stop" I said barely audible.

Voldemort pulled Harry to his feet, Harry scurries backwards and dragged me behind a gravestone by my hands.

"Nerezza, oh god. I'm so sorry" Harry sobbed.

"Harry, it's okay. Please, it's okay" I whispered, "we have to get out of here. He'll kill you and I'll be forced to be his...weapon" I spat in disgust at the very thought.

"Don't you turn your back on me Nerezza Black! You're much too strong to live in fear!" Voldemort growled.

"I want you to look at me when I kill you, Harry. I want to see the lights leave your eyes!" He yelled.

Harry and I joined hands. Together, we walked from behind the stone and faced the Dark Lord with hardened expressions.

"Have it your way." Harry contended.

Harry held out his wand casting the expelliarmus spell, I twisted my hands and fired magic at Voldemort-Voldemort fired back. Harry's green streak of magic was strengthened by scarlet tendrils of my magic. I gritted my teeth and felt Harry taking me in a hug to shield my from the wind of our magic.