Chapter 23 - The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

"That's my favourite photo of her", stiles said, noticing me staring at the framed photo. "I had just scored a home run, I had never done that before. She always came to my games to support me, my dad was too busy with work that he couldn't come to any but that day, he came and I scored a home run. She was so proud of me and my dad for finally showing up", he laughed softly. "We took that picture and she framed it as soon as we got home. Every time anyone would come over she would show them that photo and tell them all about my home run". He smiled to himself as he thought of the memory.

"She sounds amazing", I said sweetly.

"She was. she used to make the best waffles with blueberry syrup and whipped cream. When she died my dad tried to make them but they weren't the same, I haven't had any since". His eyes sparkled, either from him remembering the fond memory or tears filling his eyes. "I miss her, I miss her before the dementia".

"She loved you so much Stiles, I wish my mum had shown everyone my achievements and framed them".

"I love her". Stiles' sorrowful eyes faded, instead they were filled with contentment. "I should get to sleep".

My eyes followed him as he up from the bed and walked out of the room, leaving me alone. The room got cooler, maybe it was the draft that came from Stiles opening the door but I felt like it was from loneliness. Did I really want Stile to sleep on the floor? Stiles came back into the room with some blankets and pillows. He had changed into some shorts and a t-shirt. "Stiles".

"Yeah", he dropped the blankets on the floors.

"Do you think you could sleep in the bed with me?" I asked nervously fiddling with the bottom of Stiles t-shirt I had on. "It's cold and I don't want to be in the bed by myself and I really don't want you to sleep on the floor".

"Y-yeah", he stuttered. "I can do that, um". He lifted the duvet up and got underneath, joining me in the bed. "Is this okay?" The bed became warmer, his body heat comforting me. He laid at the edge of the bed, anxious to move closer to me in case it made me uncomfortable, which it didn't.

"You can move closer Stiles", I said, hoping he would. "I would prefer if you did".

"I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable". He shimmied his body over to me.

"You won't stiles, this is making me feel better".

"Same, it's actually surprisingly comforting". He smile widely.

We talked for most of the night about our favourite movies and music. Stiles then told me about everything that has gone down in the supernatural world and how he felt in each event. He normally kept his emotions to himself but he opened up to me, it felt like we'd known each other for years yet we were finding out so much about each other. Stiles fell asleep mid conversation about coach and all the craziest things he's said. I fell asleep not king after that.

The sun shining into the room, I groaned as I didn't want to wake up but the room was too light to go back asleep. I reluctantly opened my eyes, they focused on Stiles, his face was centimetres from mine, and his arms were wrapped around me. How did I not notice, that stiles' arms were wrapped around me. Stiles was still asleep, I didn't want to move and wake him up, he looked so peaceful and I didn't mind having his arms around me. His eyes twitched before he slowly opened them. "Morning", he hummed.

"Morning", I said barely opening my mouth due to my morning breath.

His eyes widened as he realised that his arms were wrapped around me. "Ugh, sorry". He let go of my and placed his arms at his sides.