Chapter 19 - The Downfall of an Alpha

Start from the beginning

"Nothing", she said, giving the keys back to Stiles. He huffed and placed them back in his pocket.

Cora stiffened next to me, clearly frustrated but I would like to see her try and find his location from a set of bloody keys. "Guys, let's try something else. Lydia, how do you know where a dead body is?"

"Emily, we are trying to find Deaton before he is a dead body", stiles interrupted but I shushed him.

Lydia sat silently for a moment, her brows furrowed as she thought. "It feels like I am being pulled somewhere, something that is just ringing in my ear and that I can't ignore even though I try to. It takes over my body and my mind".

"Okay, and are you getting any of these feelings right now?" I questioned her, trying to understand how we can get Lydia to find Deaton.

"No".

I drop my hand into my bag, grabbing a pen out of one of my side pockets and a notebook. "Take this".

"And do what with it?" She said, a judgmental look formed on her face.

"Anything, write or draw".

She shook her head and took the pen and notebook off me. She moved the pen in swift movements across the page, her concentration stuck on the page. "I don't know why you guys are bothering with me anyway, especially since you should be talking to Danny".

"What, why Danny?" Stiles asked, lowering his head to meet her gaze however, she didn't look up.

Scott came strolling into the room, his right arm clutching onto his left shoulder. "Because last night, he was a target but he wasn't a sacrifice".

"Okay, hi Scott, how are you doing? You're doing great? Wow I'm surprised because you seemed to be be wounded but I'll take your word for it. You have some news? Well, don't keep us waiting, spill the beans. Danny was a target, that's some news". I said sarcastically, Scott scoffed while Stiles snorted.

"Less of the sarcasm, Emily. This is serious".

"I'm sorry Scott but you can't just come into the room all dramatic like that and not expect to be mocked about it". I replied playfully shrugging, I guess not everyone likes humour in serious situations.

Scott must be used to humour at inappropriate times as his best friend is Stiles. He just shook his head. "Fine, you're right. Now can we go and see Danny".

Everyone grabbed their stuff and walked out of the classroom, I was about to join them but something caught my eye. Lydia's drawing, it was a tree and not just a normal tree, a very detailed tree. The branches were bare and long, they each pointed is different directions. It seemed too good to just be a doodle, could this mean something? "Emily?" I was pulled out of my thoughts by Lydia as she slammed the notebook shut. "You coming?"

I rubbed my eyes and moved my hand to my head, scratching the top of it. "Uh, yeah". Maybe I was just overthinking, sometimes I think too deeply about things. My intuition is telling me something is up with this drawing, should I listen to it? I swung my bag over my shoulder and caught up with the rest of the group. They were rushing out of school, Scott separated from the group. "Where is he going?"

Stiles got pulled out Deaton's keys out of his pocket, realising they weren't the keys he needed, he huffed and put his hand back in his pocket. "Apparently Allison has found something so he's gone to find out what it is". He lifted his hand out of his pocket, revealing his car keys. He unlocked his car and we jumped inside. Lydia and I got in the back while Cora called shotgun, something that we didn't have back in the U.K. If you wanted to ride at the front, you just got to the car first.