Chapter 17 - The Cross Country Meet

Start from the beginning

"What can we do?" I asked, standing next to stiles as we watched Allison fuss over Scott. "we can't call an ambulance they would ask too many question".

"It could be psychological", Lydia commented casually. "Like somatoformic... it's all in his head".
She explained knowing that we wouldn't know what that word is.

"He's not letting himself heal because Derek died", Stiles concluded. He chewed on his thumb as he thought of solutions.

Lydia picked at a piece of thread that was coming from her skirt... I have an idea. "Lydia do you have a sewing kit?"

"Always do, why?" She replied, fiddling in her bag to find it.

"We can stitch Scott him, make him believe that he is healing", I suggested, a few questionable glances were thrown around the group before Stiles tilted his head.

"It makes sense", he said, agreeing with the idea.

"Okay, so who is going to stitch him up?" Allison queried us, even though we all knew it had to be her. I looked over at her with pleading eyes as I'm sure Lydia and stiles did as she said. "Oh no, you guys I can't do that, I'll mess up".

"No you won't Allison, just take deep breaths and you'll be fine", Lydia said handing her the sewing kit. Allison hesitated before taking the kit from Lydia.

"He's going to need another shirt", She said, taking the thread and needle out of the kit. She grabbed a lighter from her pocket and lit the needle, sterilising it.

"He has another on the bus, I'll go get it. I hate needles anyone so". Stiles said before walking quickly out of the room.

"I think we should go too", I said to Lydia. "Give Allison some space to concentrate and we need to make sure the bus doesn't leave without them". Lydia nodded and followed me out of the toilets. We went over to the bus, I could see stiles fumbling about at the back of the bus looking for a top for Scott. "Pick any".

"I don't know which one he'd prefer", stiles shouted back at me, I just shook my head.

"I don't think that matters Stiles".

"Found one", he raised his arm up as he held a top in his hand. He hurried off the bus and back over to the Scott and Allison.

Coach blew his whistle and ordered everyone back on the bus. I rubbed my ear as the sound rung through it. Allison, Scott and Stiles weren't coming out from the toilets. Everyone else was walking back to the bus, I tried to think of ways to stall coach, excuses I could use. However, it seemed like the bus wasn't leaving anytime soon as Isaac and Boyd attacked Ethan and began throwing punches at him. Ethan didn't fight back, he just took it, making the beating seem worse. Coach ran over to the boys blowing his whistle aggressively. I turned to face Lydia but she wasn't next to me anymore, she must've gone to help Allison, Scott and Stiles. I went over to the crowd that had surrounded Isaac, Boyd and Ethan, I pushed my way to the front and tried to break up the fight, Boyd was now blocking Danny from breaking up the fight and Isaac was the one carrying on the beating. "Isaac stop, you've hit him enough". He wasn't listening to I tried to grab his arm and stop him throwing another punch at the boy but he shook me off. So I stupidly tried to grab his arm again but as he pulled it back to launch another hit, he hit me in the face. I fell to the ground, this still didn't stop Isaac from hurting Ethan. I felt arms grab onto me and lift me up from the ground.

"Hey Em, you alright?" Stiles asked worryingly, he placed both his hands on my face and rubbed his thumb against the area where Isaac had hit me. I winced in pain and he lifted his thumb off my face. "Sorry".

"No it's okay, it's my own fault. It's like dogs, you should never physically break up a dog fight, I should've known wolves are the same". I said lightly chuckling to myself. Stiles shook his head in amusement.

"Isaac" Scott's voice roared throughout the crowd, I looked over to see him stand strongly in front of Isaac. I sighed, relieved that he is going to be okay.

Coach grabbed Isaac and Boyd by the arms and pulled them over to the bus, shouting insults at them furiously. Danny helped Ethan up, who told him over and over again that he is fine but that didn't stop Danny fussing over him like crazy, which I'm sure Ethan actually enjoyed. The crowd disappointed that the fight was over, walked back onto the bus. Allison and Lydia were out of gas but didn't want to leave us so they decided to leave the car there and joined us on the bus. It was now soon becoming nightfall so we were on our way to where we will be staying for the night.

The bus pulled up to this dishevelled motel, it looked like something out of a horror movie. The motel sign flickered menacingly as fog filled the air. It was called the 'Glen Capri' the name wasn't anymore comforting. The car park was empty but that didn't surprise me as this seemed like a one star establishment. We grabbed our bags and got off the bus, there were some groans from some students, Scott tried to be optimistic. "I've seen worse".

We all gathered around coach who once again blew his whistle at us. "This is the only motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves".

"Too kind", I said quietly, stiles snorted at this.

"You'll be pairing up chose wisely".

Pairing ? I only know a handful of people here. Everyone chose their pairs but it was seem there's an odd number as Lydia, Allison and I were the only group. Everyone went up to coach and took a key off him until it got to Allison, Lydia and I. "It would seem that we only have one key left and three of you... one of you will have to sleep on the floor".

I shrugged my shoulders and took the key off coach, I went to walk to our room but I couldn't feel Allison or Lydia behind me. I turned around to see Lydia standing stiffly, a look of fear fell upon her face. "I don't like this place".

"Come on, it'll be fine", I went back and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "We are all together, plus it's only for one night what could possibly go wrong".

"A lot can go wrong in one night".