Chapter 17 - The Cross Country Meet

Start from the beginning

"Yeah but it keeps going to voicemail", Scott replied, his voice was quiet and weak.

"That's it's I'm calling Lydia and Allison". Stiles said, dialling her number into his phone.

"How are they going to help? They're back at Beacon Hills", Scott said his voice becoming more strained.

"They're not, they've been following us for hours", Stiles said looking out the back of the bus at Allison car a few yards away. Allison had told me that she and Lydia were going to follow us to check on Scott as she was worried about him and wanted to keep Lydia away from Aiden, who was back home. He put the phone to his ear. "...I know you guys are right behind us, put the phone on speaker... okay look Scott's still hurt". He moved the phone closer to me so I can hear.

"What do you mean he's not healing?" I heard Allison voice from the other line. "What's wrong with him?"

"He's not healing, we don't know what's wrong with him but his blood is turning a black colour", I answered Allison. My face unintentionally moving closer to stiles, I hadn't noticed until I felt his warm breath on my lips.

"You guys need to get him to stop the bus". Allison said sternly, I could hear her but I wasn't entirely listening as I was too focus on the feeling stiles has caused to rush through my body. My lips tingling as his breath once again fell upon my lips.

I stuttered the next sentence. "Uh... y-yeah sure. How do we do that?" I was pulled out of my trance.

"Reason with him".

"Reason! Have you met this guy?" Stiles exclaimed.

"We will think of something", I said before the phone hung up. I turned to Stiles, smiling widely.

"Oh no, I can't reason with that guy", he shook his head, then faced me again. His eyes rolled as he got up and walked towards coach who was talking to Jared.

I couldn't hear exactly what stiles was saying to coach but the conversation contained a lot of shouting and whistling. I glanced over to Scott to see how he was doing, he seemed the same. I slid over to him and carefully lifted his top up to see how his wound was doing. The blood was basically black and began dripping down his stomach, we need to stop this bus fast. Stiles swiftly sat in the seat next to me a proud grin filled his face.

"Oh for the love of god Jared!" I heard coach shout, I looked over to see Jared leant over, he must've been puking as the bus filled with a horrific smell. Now the grin on Stiles' face makes sense, even if the smell was intense at least we would be stopping soon.

We stopped at the nearest gas station, stiles and I each grabbed on of Scott arms and carried him off the bus and into the toilet. We locked the door, making sure no one could get in. Scott was so weak he rested all of his weight on our shoulder, I don't know if you seen stiles and I but we aren't the strongest of people and neither are we the bulkiest, I think Scott weighs the same amount as us combined. I need to up my gym game because I'm finding myself in these situation too often. We try to gently place Scott on the ground but he slid off our shoulders and crashed onto the floor. The door started rattling so I went to go and see who it is while stiles lifted Scott's top up to check on his wound.

"Occupied", I shouted to the person trying to open the door.

"Hey it's Allison and Lydia", I heard Allison from behind the door. I quickly unlocked the door and let them in. Allison came rushing past, she knelt down next to Scott on the floor. Lydia slowly walked in, her face grimaced as she looked around the restroom, sure it wasn't the finest fo restrooms but it is all we got. She stepped over a puddle, unsure what the liquid is and I don't think she would want to know. There was a gasp from Allison as she saw Scott's wound, black blood was dripping out of it and down his stomach. "This shouldn't be happening, I've seen him heal from worse than this".