WASSCE...

To think, it's actually just in the next four days..

We have our first paper on Data Processing by 1pm and I could bet Ivandor was somewhere in his room, studying his ass off for a perfect grade. For perfect grades in all his papers in fact.

So, that's what I should be doing too. That's what I've been doing even before now anyways and Mum has warned me not to falter. I'm pretty much taking her advice.

"Are you ready to go?"

I looked up from the books opened on my desk to see Yure standing there, in front of me.

"Is it time?" I asked him.

"About 30 minutes more. It's already time for Break. The other prefects have already started going to the other Senior Blocks." He informed me.

Oh, right.

The School Sports award giving ceremony for the Interhouse Sports that held some months ago, was holding today in the school hall. Apparently, we had to pass down the information to all the students again, just to be remind them to be there on time by 12 sharp.

I quickly packed up my stuff and soon was up, walking with Yure beside me.

"Is it true?" I asked him, suddenly recalling something I had been meaning to confirm.

"Is what true?" He asked me, taking about two seconds to look at me as we walked.

"The thing about the Triple-J?"  I elaborated further. "Is it true they were invited to our school to sing the national anthem for this years' awards?"

He nodded, confirming it for me. "Yeah."

Wow. Apparently, that was what the other Prefects had told me and I thought it was just a rumour. I couldn't believe it. We were actually having the Triple-J - only, but the hottest and most famous boy band alive, at our own school. Wow

Usually the Interhouse Sports award ceremony was quite big. Parents, teachers, students of Castron High and even outsiders usually came and the event was huge, always aired live on television too. Each year, different celebrities, singers, were usually invited and paid handsome money by the school to open the act with the national anthem and most times, the celebrities stayed through out the show and acknowledged all our sports stars. Basically, that was why Castron High Sports Stars were quite popular all around Nigeria...at least to an extent. They sort of held a name.

I knew Ivandor had already bagged half the awards in this ceremony today, but unfortunately, he wouldn't even be here to get those trophies in person... Or even have a chance to even meet the Triple-J guys...

Or would he come? Would he?

Hell, I don't know. Besides, even if he does, how would it change our situation?

We're through...

Ivandor and I are through...

I quickly got out of my thoughts, forcing myself to not think about it and break down right now. Not here. Not now. Quickly still, I instantly noticed Yure , beside me, lost in his own thoughts, as both of us walked in absolute silence.