53°

Yooooo, please read the long author's note at the end. It's veryyyyy compulsory 🙏                     

I'm back with an update, as promised. You're welcome 💝💝

Song for the chapter; Pretty Hurts by Beyonce....
🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃

                                         ~SHADE~

I couldn't comprehend it.

The way Prissy stared behind at Giwa and Hassana, with so much malice.

She wouldn't get their eyes off them, right until they got outside. She stared still, into space, in the direction they had left, a truck load obviously swarming through her mind.

What was she thinking?

"Babe."

Nova's voice distracted me, and I felt his hand around my waist.

I turned back to look at his face. He looked disturbed. Regretful. Dull, sad eyes peered into mine.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, softly.

I nodded slowly.

To be honest, I wasn't sure. I was hurt beyond words, but atleast I should have expected this from Giwa, right?

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He shook his head, indicating a 'no'. After gazing for a few seconds towards the exit of the hallway that Giwa and Hassana had dissappeared into, he turned back to me.

"I shouldn't have gone off like that. It would have been worse." He said silently.

"I know that." I nodded. "But that didn't happen."

"God is probably dissappointed in me right now." He admitted.

"That's not true, Nova. You controlled yourself. Nothing went out of proportion so God will be very proud of you this time." I told him.

He didn't even look convinced, more worried even. It absolutely melted my heart how he was very concerned about his ways with God.

"I think I'll be alone for a while." He finally decided.

"Why?" I questioned.

He sighed. "I want to pray."

I smiled softly at him, nodding in agreement.

As shocking as it sounds, Nova had struggled with anger disorders in the past.

Yes, we're talking about Nova Igwe.

As a matter of fact, that was what had pulled him to get so close to God initially. That was why he tried his best to always smile and let nothing get under his skin.

He had opened up about all these to me and I was glad he did. And the way he had grown to love me, I'm starting to see myself as his weakness. I don't want to be the reason he falls again and does anything he regrets.

Exactly the reason why I had told him to stay in class.

"I'll see you later, babe." He said, kissing me softly on my forehead and entering the classroom.

After he was gone, I turned my attention back to Prissy who was staring at me quietly.

She attempted walking away after breaking her contact with me and I called after her. "Prissy!".

She stopped walking.

"Where are you going?" I asked behind her.

She turned around to face me. "My class."