"But then I wouldn't get to hold you hand." Jisung smiled and tried to hide how he cringed.

"My hand isn't the softest anyways." Chenle said rubbing his hands together and feeling their toughness. Jisung snatched one of Chenle's hands and compared their sizes. His fingertips curled down on the space remaining between their hand differences. Chenle noted how big and soft Jisung's hand was, compared to his smaller rough one.

"That just means you're hardworking." Jisung said, tracing a finger down to run over the smaller boy's hand.

"Then does that make you a lazy bum?" Chenle countered rapidly.

"I guess you could say that." Jisung sighed, but he still noticed that Chenle had basically called his hand soft. "Might you be engaged?" Jisung continued, looking at Chenle's pearl ring in the dim lighting. Chenle laughed as Jisung played with his ring.

"No. It just doesn't fit on any other finger except for that one. It was my mother's before she passed away." Chenle said.

"I'm sorry. My mother passed away too." Jisung said, making eye contact with Chenle. He hoped Chenle could see that he indeed did understand and Chenle knew. He could tell how much he understood, even if Jisung probably still had his father.

Chenle suddenly took off his ring and pulled Jisung's hand close to him. He wondered, suddenly, if his ring could fit on any of Jisung's bigger fingers. He tried it on each long finger, but it wouldn't fit right. The finger it was able to fit the most was his pinky, even then, it only reached a bit lower than midway. They smiled at how it fit. Jisung modeled it a few times, making Chenle laugh.

"It's a pretty ring." Jisung said, staring at the ring still on his finger.

"Thank you."

"And it suits a pretty person like yourself, Zhong Chenle." Jisung said. Chenle watched him cringe at his own words, clenching his first awkwardly. Jisung cringed at himself when he decided to be bold. It only made him more endearing in Chenle's eyes. It was a charming point he had of not taking himself too seriously.

"We're getting a little bold, aren't we?" Chenle said, leaning his head on Jisung's shoulder. He felt Jisung tense under him and then quickly relax. Jisung laid his head on top of Chenle's, bringing Chenle's hand in his and playing around with his smaller fingers. They were a wonder to him. Although they were rough, they had a grace to them. He wondered if Chenle could play the piano or any sort of instrument. His hands were perfect for music. Chenle was quick to beat him to the question though.

"So, what do you do for fun?" Chenle asked.

"Fencing...actually no, my dad makes me do that. If I'm honest, what I really love to do is dance. I dance when I have free time. It's...fun." Jisung said. He couldn't believe he was telling a stranger this, but it felt so right to do so.

"Your dad makes you fence? That's a little mean. You seem to be a great dancer though. You did basically lead me in the dancing."

"What about you?" Jisung asked, eager to know more about the blond boy he just met.

"I clean the house often. It's more of a chore, but it's fun when I get to clean in peace and just sing. I like to sing. It's calming." Chenle said. He realized cleaning to him was like what fencing was to Jisung. Hopefully, not as extreme as his case, though.

"Will you sing something for me?" Jisung asked shyly. "If I'm not mistaken, I heard you humming as we were dancing."

"I guess I could sing. You did show me some of your dancing after all." Chenle said. Jisung sat back to watch Chenle, making him feel shy at the staring, so he brought Jisung down to lay his head on his lap, which Jisung did without complaints, despite the fact that he could already hear the nagging for getting his clothes dirty and hair messy. He played with Jisung's hair and started to sing. Jisung wanted to face Chenle, but respected that Chenle didn't want that. It felt nice though, to feel fingers carding through his hair and listen to a lulling voice sing.

Chenle's voice was pretty like himself. It was beautiful like Chenle's blonde locks under the moonlight. It was soothing. He thought to himself that he wouldn't mind to hear this voice everyday. He wouldn't mind for this voice to sing him to sleep, to console him when he was sad, to sing cheerfully when he was happy, even to sing happy birthday to him, since no one else did. He almost fell asleep on Chenle's lap, when they both heard the loud ringing bell of the clock tower of the town, signaling it was now midnight.

"Oh no." Chenle gasped. "I've got to get home. My step-mother will be furious if I'm not home. I'm so sorry Jisung, but I've got to go." The taller sat up at Chenle's frantic tone.

"Wait...let me walk you or give you a ride on my horse." Jisung said, standing.

"No, no, it's okay." Chenle didn't want Jisung to see him go through the back door of the house. It would be too embarrassing. He didn't want to explain to Jisung the complicated things he lived. "I had a great time Jisung, but I've really got to go." Chenle spoke rapidly.

Chenle got on the tips of his toes and reached as far as he could, bringing his palm up to cup Jisung's cheek before planting a small kiss of gratitude on Jisung's other cheek, then started speeding away. Chenle felt bad, but he really had to go. It would just be easier if he left now. He might not see Jisung again, probably ever. Jisung, on the other hand, was stunned by the kiss, thus he remained still for a moment, touching his heating cheek before he began running after Chenle.