18 | "did you just call him james?!"

THE STARS WERE SHIMMERING in the sky, twinkling away peacefully. It was calm, there wasn't much noise other than faint chatter, the crackling of a fire or the scratching of a quill. It was right before dinner, so many were doing homework, meaning they didn't have to do it after dinner or just chatting quietly with their friends.

Well, all but Sirius Black. He was the total opposite if anything.

In one hand, he had a mirror and the other he had an eyeliner pen, shaking slightly as he attempted to bring it against his eyelid again. It wasn't working and it was annoying him.

"Sirius?"

The boy glanced up at his sister.

"Lyra."

""Why are you here?" Sirius asked quickly.

"Because this is my room?" Lyra furrowed her brows.

"Oh," was all Sirius said.

Sirius glanced down at the eyeliner and then back up to his sister, "It's not what it looks like, I was just messing about."

"What?"

"I was just messing about."

"You can wear eyeliner, Sirius," Lyra told him.

"No, but it's wrong?" Sirius half-questioned, half-told her.

"No, it's not," Lyra shook her head, sitting on her bed.

He shrugged. "Because boys aren't supposed to wear makeup."

"I mean - it's not every day you see boys strutting about with makeup on, is it?" Sirius continued, glancing at Lyra quickly before looking away.

"That doesn't matter. When has Sirius Black ever done what he's meant to?"

"I guess, yeah," Sirius shrugged, "I'm not very good at it though."

Lyra took the eyeliner out of his hand, moving closer to him, "let me teach you, yeah?"

"Okay," Sirius smiled, "thanks."

"And..." Lyra paused for a moment in concentration, "is this for anyone?"

"Me...?" he replied hesitantly.

"Just you?" she questioned doubtfully, "or, could it maybe, just maybe, also be for that particular person you like?"

"Well, no," Sirius told her, "but yes."

"It just feels wrong," he added quietly.

"What do you mean?" Lyra moved away slightly, so she could see the black-haired boy properly.

Sirius breathed in deeply, "I feel there are no people that feel the same way as me. It feels wrong. And it's like it shouldn't be like this. I shouldn't be like this."

"Sirius, you're not the only one who like other than the opposite gender, promise. Loads of people do. They might not say it but there are so many people in this school who likes the same gender or other genders," Lyra told him honestly, "you don't need to feel that you shouldn't feel this way. You like who you like, you can't help who you're attracted to."

"I know that," Sirius replied, "it just doesn't seem like it."

"I've only told Prongs."

"Well, that's good. I'm sure James didn't mind."

"James? Did you just call him James?!" Sirius barked, he then shook his head, "but yeah, he didn't mind."

"Shut up."

"I think I might like girls," she spoke up, not moving her focus from Sirius' eyeliner.

"Wow, we really are twins," Sirius laughed, smiling at his sister.

"I mean I definitely like guys too," Lyra nodded, "but maybe girls a bit, I think."

"That's cool," Sirius grinned.

"Maybe Mother's a raging lesbian too. And it's a gene," Sirius added, giggling like a child.

"Yes, probably with her cousin though."

Sirius just laughed harder.

"Stop moving!"

"Sorry Lyra-Loo?"

Lyra had finished Sirius' eyeliner, and the twins were now walking through Hogwarts, to go to the Great Hall for Dinner. As they wandered into the Great Hall, not gaining much attention as many other people were walking in.

Until a Hufflepuff cried something about Sirius Black, and a few people glanced up to look. Once they had seen Sirius' makeup, you could hear the whispers spread across the room.

"Damn, he looks hot."

"Merlin's beard."

"Holy smokes, Black looks sexy."

Sirius just smirked.

Lyra hit his arm, "Cocky git."

"Are you gonna sit with us?" Sirius asked.

Lyra glanced across at the Slytherin table, first at Evan and Evelyn who seemed perfectly content without her, but then spotted Regulus alone, gloomily eating his sausages by himself.

"No, I think I'll sit with Reg," she answered.

"Enjoy the attention!" she then called as she walked away.

Sirius continued to smirk as he strolled down the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff table, winking at the occasional person to make them blush and gush to their friends.

Then he finally sat down in front of Remus and Peter, James by his side. Remus' eyes fell on Sirius the moment he sat down and he couldn't pull them off of him.

"Jesus, Pads!" James exclaimed.

Sirius turned to him, confusing laced in his facial expression. "What?"

"You look so hot," he answered, "in a normal, friendly, straight way."

"Thanks a bunch," Sirius grinned.

"Most unstraight thing I've ever heard," Marlene muttered, then raised her voice a bit, "looking good, Black."

He smiled at Marlene before he turned back to Remus and Peter.

"How about you two? Like the eyeliner? Sirius asked them.

Peter nodded, "It suits you. I am a big fan."

"Thanks, Petey," the dark-haired boy smiled, he turned back to the sandy-haired boy, "how about you, Moony? Like it?"

"Mhm... yeah... l-looks good." Remus was a stuttering mess.

"Pull yourself together," he told himself, he cleared his throat, "yeah, it looks good."

Sirius was smirking now. "Thanks, Moons."

"Now, that was also very unstraight," Marlene chuckled quietly to Peter, who nodded in agreement.

"I think James has some stuff to ask you," Marlene told him, nodding to James who looked like he was about to burst.

"How did you do it?! What did it feel like?! Why did you do it?! I mean it looks good. Don't stop doing it. But like was there a reason?! OH MY GOD! Can I have some?!