09 | "what the fuck are you doing in the library?"

IT WAS FIFTEEN PAST ten on Saturday morning and Lyra was making her way, at a leisurely pace, towards the Quidditch pitch. She was wearing a grey, striped, slightly oversized jumper with some slightly old blue jeans, paired with her converse. Very muggle clothes for Lyra, but she often snuck out in the Summer, she used to with Sirius but this year she just met random people and collected muggle clothes, vinyls and posters etc, to which she all hid from her parents in the very bottom of her trunk.

"Lyra!" Sirius yelled, waving madly from his broom.

She waved back.

James looked at the watch on his wrist, before looking down at her, "You're fifteen minutes late."

"I slept in," she shrugged, "you're lucky I'm not later."

Both boys landed on the floor.

"I didn't think Prongs was being serious when he said he invited you," Sirius said.

Lyra grabbed at the opportunity and said, "How could Potter be Serious when that's you?"

Sirius looked at her blankly. "That was dreadful."

James snorted.

"Don't you laugh, Prongs," Sirius reprimanded, waggling a finger at James, who only laughed more.

"Prongs! Stop!"

He just laughed more. Then Lyra began to chuckle the more Sirius got annoyed.

"Potter!" Sirius cried, "stop being an arse!"

Then he burst into a fit of laughter, which made them all laugh even more.

"Black, that was truly an awful joke," James laughed, his laughter dying down.

She chuckled then shrugged.

"Right time to fly!"

Sirius grabbed his broom and took off, zooming towards the quidditch hoops.

James nudged Lyra's shoulder, she looked up at him, he was smirking, "How about that ride on my broomstick?"

"Just name a place and a time, and I'm there."

She didn't say anything else as she turned around, hair flipping over her shoulder and made her way to the stands, where she sat down, pulled out a book and began to read.

He just chuckled before mounting his broom and flying off towards Sirius.

Lyra was completed immersed in the world of her book. Little Women. It was a bit of a guilty pleasure of hers, these muggle books, but she loved them to bits. Lyra was taking a liking to Meg, but her absolute favourite being Laurie. He seemed like the biggest sweetheart. Not that she'd ever admit any of this to anyone, she couldn't let anyone think she was a softie. No, that could not happen.

"Hey, Black."

A very sweaty James Potter had sat beside her, a big grin on his face.

"Looks like you're in your element," he said, gesturing to her book.

"It's just a book," she shrugged, looking back down at it.

He smirked, "Who gave it to you?"

"I don't know actually, secret admirer probably," she chuckled.

"Yeah," he replied, "how could anyone resist Lyra Black after all?"

"Precisely," she nodded, "where's Sirius gone?"

"Remus came and he went running after him as soon as he called his name," James said, almost bitterly.

"Are you jealous?" she asked.