17 | "i see a sex glow"

JAMES POTTER WAS half-asleep as he used his hand as support to keep upright at the Gryffindor table. Remus had previously shoved a strong cup of coffee in front of him, telling him to drink. He may or may have not spent last night with Lyra, talking and doing other things, but it had resulted in not so much sleeping.

"Why are you so tired? You were asleep before me and still asleep when I woke up," Peter asked, after finishing his jam on toast.

"I dunno, slept bad, s'pose," he mumbled, hardly incoherent.

"Maybe our little Prongsie is finally getting laid," Sirius grinned, through a mouthful of cereal.

"I'm not," James insisted, waking up a bit and shaking his head.

"You've got that glow to you," Sirius continued, "the sex glow."

"Hello, boys!"

Marlene McKinnon had forcefully pushed her way to sit between Remus and Sirius, grabbing a piece of the toast Remus had just finished putting jam on.

"Who has a sex glow?" she asked, looking mostly at Sirius.

"James," Remus answered for him, sipping his apple juice (he didn't like orange juice.)

"Mmm," Marlene studied James in great detail before saying, "I second. I see a sex glow."

"I do not have a sex glow!" James nearly yelled.

"Woah, Potter," Lyra said, coming from behind them, "whoever your sleeping with is a very lucky lady, I must say. Quite a treat to the eyes, even when you look like you've been dragged through a bush backwards."

"Lyra!" Sirius scolded.

"Just the truth," she muttered, grabbing a bagel off James' plate.

Marlene smirked at Lyra, she grinned lazily back.

"Black!" James tried to swat her hand away.

"Stop trying to swat me away, Potter," Lyra told him, "I am not a fly."

"Stop stealing my food then," he sassed.

She just shook her head, taking a strawberry off his plate.

"Is it not scandalous for you to be sitting here, Lyra-Loo?" Sirius asked, grabbing more food off Remus' plate, who seems to have given up as he grabbed more food for himself.

She shrugged, "Yeah, but I have shitty friends. So, I'd rather not sit with them."

James smirked before bumping her knee with his, she rolled her eyes before getting a croissant for herself.

"Black?" Marlene called, eyeing the girl out. 

"Hm?" she looked up, taking a bite of her croissant.

"I have shitty friends too," Marlene told her, "except Dorcas, but that's... different."

Sirius snorted.

"Maybe we should be friends then," Lyra grinned, "imagine how much we could annoy Sirius."

"Wha-?" Sirius looked at the two blankly, clearly not paying attention.

Both girls laughed.

"I think that's a good idea."

"So, you and Potter?"

Marlene was sat on Lyra's sofa, after the last lesson of the day as they decided if they were going to be friends they should start hanging out.