Chrysanthemum.

**I apologize in advance**

"You're not dying, are you?"

Calum laughed gently at Luke's question, rolling his eyes. "No, Luke," he answered, amused. "I'm not dying. My appointment was great and, as usual, they found nothing."

"Okay," Luke conceded. "So, what's the big emergency, then?"

Calum's cheeks flushed gently as he smiled in on himself, hands clasped in front of him as he looked at Luke with shining eyes. "So, there's a couple of things I want to ask you."

Luke nodded, gently urging the dark haired man to continue.

"I know I've known you most of our lives," he said gently, "but I still feel like I need to ask you about anything that concerns me, Mike and Crystal."

Luke's brows furrowed gently before his eyes blew open wide as Calum slid a velvet box across the island in Luke's kitchen. "Cal."

Calum looked like he could cry with happiness as he opened the box to reveal two rings, one silver band with a beautiful diamond on top and the other a simple gold band. "I want to ask them to marry me."

Luke's hand flew to his mouth as he looked at the happiness flooding his friend's eyes. He crossed around the island and caught Calum in a tight hug, laughing almost disbelievingly. "Cal," he said, still laughing, "yes! Yes, ask them!"

Calum was still smiling as they pulled away, but now he looked a bit nervous. "You think they'll say yes?"

Luke rolled his eyes, grabbing Calum by the shoulders and shaking him gently. "You guys are all so in love with each other," he said like it was obvious. "They're going to say yes. You have nothing to worry about."

Calum smiled brighter, nodding in his brief daze as he slid the box back in his pocket. "I also want to ask you to be my best man at the wedding," he finished softly.

Luke teared up as he nodded. "Of course I will," he answered.

Calum regained his composure as he leaned against the island opposite Luke, smirking at him. "So," he said, smug. "How'd it go after you dropped Ashton off?"

Luke groaned softly, leaning on his elbows as he told Calum what happened when he took Ashton home after their group dinner. He recounted the comfortable silence and how he walked him to his door before kissing him on his porch.

He also mentioned how he hadn't heard from him since.

"God, Cal, tell me I didn't ruin this before it even started?" Luke's voice was pleading, almost silently begging his friend to tell him that it wasn't real, and he had dreamt the whole encounter.

Calum smiled sympathetically at Luke, reaching across the blonde's kitchen island and patting his hand gently. "I think you're thinking too much into this."

"I kissed him, Cal," Luke stressed, hiding his face in his hands at his own words. "I didn't even ask if it was okay! I just did it."

"He kissed you back, didn't he?"

"Well, yeah, but." Luke stopped, shaking his head gently. "That doesn't exactly mean he wanted me to kiss him. I just. I couldn't help myself. I really like him. Shit, I think I could love him, but I don't wanna go that far as to say that yet."

Calum looked at Luke with wary eyes. He couldn't get it out of his head, and the guilt was eating him alive, causing him to sigh. "Luke," he started cautiously, "there's.. something you don't know about Ashton."