I didn't respond. I looked towards the Gryffindor table and my blood started boiling again at the sight of Fred and Angelina. I was starting to get uneasy, bouncing my leg as I tapped my nails against the table. "I can't do this."

"Can't do what?" Callie asked from next to me.

"Sit here." I breathed. "They are being so oblivious about their love. As if no one can fucking see them."

"And she's swearing." Nick spoke, putting down his fork. "Just don't look at them."

"Just don't look at them." I scoffed. "It's not that easy."

I stood up but Callie quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me down to sit on the bench again. "You can't leave. You know the rules. During feasts, breakfast and dinner, you have to stay seated until the meal hours are over."

"I know but I–"

"You're a prefect and you were just appointed head girl." Melba said. "You can't disobey the rules when you're responsible of people following them."

"Yeah. Just–"

"Just what, Nate?" I snapped. "I get that he cheated. I get that he's happy now or whatever but does he have to rub it in my face?"

"Ignore him. Ignore them." Callie told me. "Eat your croissant and act like you don't give a fuck about him. I know you do and I know it's hard to get over but just try."

I sighed.

"Okay." I held up my hands in surrender. "Fine. But I swear to god. If I ever catch them snogging in the hallways, I don't care about my head girl duties. I'll stab them both right in the back just like he stabbed me in mine."

Silence.

"Are we all just going to ignore the fact that our best friend over here is being all murderous?" Nick suddenly asked, gesturing towards me. "That she's been talking about killing her ex like twice already?"

"Nick." Melba sighed. "Now would be a good time for you to shut up before you add to the anger she's feeling right now."

"Anger?" I asked. "I don't feel any anger. I'm fine."

"Yeah, sure." Melba nodded slowly before she cut her pancake in half and placed one of the halves on my plate. "Here. Take some of my pancake."

Our four friends gasped dramatically at her action but she ignored them and smiled sweetly at me, gesturing towards the half pancake on my plate. "Eat it, Jules. Pancakes always comfort me when I'm feeling down."

"Who are you and what have you done to Melbourne Striker?" Seth asked, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Ew, don't call me by that ridiculous name." she objected, her nose scrunching up in disgust. "It's Melba, not fucking Melbourne you fucking bitch."

"And now we angered the demon." Seth sighed. "Sorry. I obviously meant to call you Melba."

"Did you, Stephen?"

"Alright. There is no need for that. At least I changed my name legally, meaning Stephen isn't my name anymore. Melbourne is still yours." he argued.

Well, at least my name's actually Julie and they don't have anything to call me to piss me up. The nicknames they have for me is Jules and J and I don't have anything against those but Seth hates when we call him by his former first name Stephen. Melba hates when we call her by her real name Melbourne and Nick hates when we call him Jesus.

What kind of weird friend group is this? Callie isn't a Callie either, though she doesn't hate her name. It's just easier to say Callie than Calliope and Nate is obviously Nathaniel but he doesn't hate that either. Again, it's just easier to shorten it to Nate.