63

"Who the fuck are you?" Nate asked when he and the rest of our friends reached the other end of the pitch where we stood while Angelina laid on the ground, sending daggers at me with her eyes.

"I'm the person who just stopped a fight from getting worse." The guy said with a stern tone in his voice. He looked around at the two quidditch teams, then looked at Angelina and he extended his hand to help her up. "You need to get that jaw checked out in the hospital wing."

He motioned for Angelina to leave and then motioned for Alicia to go with her, then he turned to me.

I was terrified.

I was terrified because I knew who he was. I knew he was one of my brothers. It was obvious. If he wasn't, then it was a pretty big coincidence that he looked like me.

"And you— where do you think behavior like that will get you?"

I couldn't say anything. I couldn't get my mouth open. I couldn't come up with any kind of words. Not even one.

"Wait—" Callie spoke from behind me. "Matteo Evergreen? What're you doing here?"

I looked back at Callie who had a huge grin on his face, mixed with surprise.

Wait hold up one second.

"I remember you." Callie continued. "You were like the best chaser Hufflepuff has ever had. I was honestly bummed when you decided to not play your last year to focus on the studies."

"Well, sometimes you have to sort out your priorities." Matteo spoke with a soft smile. "Now, does anyone know where Angelina Johnson is?"

"You just sent her to the hospital wing." Katie said, pointing in the direction where Angelina and Alicia had gone.

"Ahhh, alright."

"What do you need with Johnson?" George asked. "That girl is nothing but trouble."

You're right about that.

"I'm sorry to say that's a private matter." He said, clapping his hands together. "I would advice you to quit quidditch practice just for the day, and you—"

He pointed to me.

"... the hospital wing would be a good idea for you too." He said before turning around to walk towards the castle.

What the fuck just happened.

"What did you tell Angelina?" I asked, turning towards Fred.

"What makes you think I said anything?" He asked, folding his arms over his chest.

"Well, I don't know, Fred—" I scoffed. "Maybe because somehow Johnson got my brother to show up here. You know the names and where to find my family and oh— you fucked her."

Fred sighed and shook his head before he looked away to avoid my gaze.

"I might have mentioned the situation to her." He spoke softly. George groaned at him and punched his brother in the arm, causing Fred to almost fall over.

"Wait, you cheated on Julie?" Ron asked. "Wait 'till mum hears about that."

"Mum won't hear about that!" Fred raised his voice and looked at his younger brother. "You'll keep your mouth quiet!"

"Don't talk to Ron like that." George said, pushing Fred in the chest. "I will see you in the common room."

"George—"

"The common room, Fred!" George raised his voice and pointed towards the castle. Fred scoffed and backed up before turning around to leave the pitch.