34 - New born Phoenix

Start from the beginning

I felt too bad for him, he is burying the pain deep inside his heart, "I have never behaved like giving hopes to her directly or indirectly. Then why I am being pointed with such words? I had never hurt anyone" his eyes landed on me with a tear rolling down his eye, "except you" he stood up and went into the outhouse in the garden.

I failed to say any word to pacify him, cause his pain is becoming deeper and it can only be aided by his mother and brother.

.

.

.

The whole family sat at the huge dining table while I and other women's of the family started to arrange the table. Grandma and grandpa at the head of the table and other family members around the table talking and laughing leaving two chairs near Dev uncle.

I went near Manya who is sitting next to the empty chairs, "Many sit near Dev uncle"

"No SIL, it's for Advik and Arjun bro" for a second I imagined both brothers sitting nearby near and having their usual talks.

Then came the great Arjun Verma not alone but with his girlfriend laughing wholeheartedly, I averted my gaze from them and sat near Yaashvi at the far end of the table. He sat exactly on the place next to Dev's uncle and her between Arjun and Manya.

"It's Advik's place Diya. These days it's left empty but today she took his place" she said trying to sound casual but I can easily sense the anger in her voice.

"let her sit there---"

"Diya" grandma called me, "grandma?" I asked.

"come and sit near Arjun" No.

"No grandma I am comfortable here, Yaashvi is alone and I can't feed myself, she will feed me..."

When she looked at me I stopped talking, "Do as I say Diya. You are the Daughter-in-law of this house. You have every rights to sit beside him and it's his responsibility to feed you" no one tried to support me, when I looked at Meera she had her head hung low.

She might have felt bad, "I remember once you taught me to not ask a person to stand up when they are served," Arjun asked in a tight voice questioning his grandmother.

"And I am also the same women who taught you to not let your wife go away from you in any situation. Have you fulfilled it?" she seethed angrily with an equal tone.

This lady has a strong Aurora around her. "Do as she says" his grandfather's bold voice automatically made Meera standup while the whole family grinned in my direction, Yaashvi urged me to get up and I slowly went to the table sitting beside him without even turning in his direction.

I was normally facing Manya trying to make conversations to avoid the man beside me, not because I feel shy but I don't want to face him, Manya tried to feed me but I was not famished so I declined politely and she is eating slowly as we both are having a serious conversation about her travel experiences.

To my relief, he didn't try to initiate any conversation while I informed grandma firmly I will have food later, actually, I wanted to have food with Advik to make him feel a little bit better.

"We are going to our temple at 5 in the evening everyone gets ready and your clothes will be in your room before 4" saying this grandpa left the dining room with grandma.

Slowly everyone left the dining room leaving me, Manya, and of course Arjun who is playing with his food.

Heaving a big sigh when Manya had completed her food we both stood up but I was stopped by his hard grip on my hand, "go" and there, Manya was out of my sight.