19 - Confusion

Diya pov

I kept silent, not able to perceive the manly deep voice from the other side, wiping my sweaty palm on my pant, I asked him, "who are you?"

"Raghav" wait? Raghav? Why is he calling me? I don't want him to get into danger because of me.

"Raghav?" I asked him alarmed.

"Yeah Diya, can we meet?" he asked again taking circle one.

I thought for a while, "When?"

"Now?" I can't waste the chance of getting even a single clue from here, if I go out I won't be able to know what is the problem with them, but also I need to apologize to Raghav for Arjun's beast etiquette, "Am sorry Raghav, I am not in the situation to meet you now"

"Yeah, it's okay. I can understand" he said awkwardly, "hope I didn't bother you. Bye"

"No, you didn't, am sorry can we meet some other time?" I asked to which he said yes and cut the call. I feel bad ignoring him like that.

I folded that paper and put it carefully inside my purse and looked around to find any other else while looking at the books, I found a black diary on the backside of some books which looked pretty old in the state that it will tear if it's folded, I took it carefully and looked it front and back it's showing the year 1997.

Whose diary it will be? I opened the first page of it and it's empty, when I turned to the next page, I heard footsteps from outside, quickly I settled it back in its place, taking another book away from the shelf I pretend to read it and the door burst open the next second, while I trying hard to calm my racing heartbeat.

"Diya, what a surprise" I heard my father's surprised voice back to me, I masked a smile on my face to hide the edgy face but deep down I missed my father more and more, due to Arjun's anger I avoided being in contact with him.

He gave me a small sad smile, hiding the dismayed face behind, "Your husband made you forget your father?" he said taking few steps towards me and placed his hand on my head patting it softly with a fatherly pure smile.

I strongly disagree with Arjun's statement, my father is not the one to think harm to others, I need to remove the tough knot behind this mystery, "Nothing like that Paa, I wanted to see you" I hugged him, "I missed you paa" not even a single passed without thinking about my father how he would take care of himself, how he would take medicines on time as he is a diabetic patient. Unnoticed a tear slipped my eyes which I quickly wiped.

"Missed you too Diya," he said kissing my head.

I Moved away from him breaking the hug with a fake glare, "you are lying, you not even once tried to contact me nor tried to see me in person"

He sighed and sat on the couch nearby with crossed legs taking a file with him after removing his blazer, "I was too busy with the new project Diya, it cost much, so sorry" he apologized to me placing the file back to the couch.

I felt a bit odd when he said it, it's like his work became more important to him more than me and his demeanor is somewhat changed in personal like somewhat nervous, fear, and anger in him.

"Paa, what's wrong?" he raised his head from the file to look at me but this time it's empty, why do I have to face empty faces all day long, but he is looking too lost behind those empty eyes. He rubbed his palm hard, "nothing Diya, I am somewhat upset, can we talk any other time?" I nodded and was about to leave the study but his voice stopped both my tracks and heartbeat.

"What are you doing here in my study?" he asked as I am debating myself whether to turn around or not, but turned around to him, "I was bored, so came to get some book" placing the book back at a random place.