♡ 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢 ♡

Start from the beginning

"Oh, well, only if your coach lets me," She said with a soft smile.

From her grandad, Ukai senior, she had heard he could be quite... moody. But even so, Tendou waved the air with an eye roll, "Oh, the old man'll let you stay. He's a softie on the inside. As long as you're not a spy, right?" The red-head squinted at (Y/N) teasingly, a brow raised.

"Guess we'll never know," The girl shrugged, leaving him behind as she walked off towards where the rest of the team was, looking at the girl with curiosity.

Ushijima didn't even give them time to know each other, immediately ordering them to get in a game. She desperately tried to remember the names he said as he split them into two, but they flew right through her brain. She would just have to learn on the way.

"(Y/N)-San. I would appreciate it if you could go on Semi-San's Team," The olive-haired man said curtly, which was honestly hilarious to the (H/C) haired girl. If this man wasn't a whole snACk then she would've found adorable. But no, he was one hundred and ninety centimetres tall and very hot.

She was a little oh-so-very slightly flustered as the large man looked down at her with a raised brow, she nodded, not trusting herself with words. From lunch, she knew who Semi was, the grey-haired male greeting her with a friendly smile. From what she could make out, he reminded her a lot of Suga. Just more serious and less... violent? Well, of course, she had just met the two, so she couldn't say anything just yet.

On her team, she didn't know anyone else except Goshiki, who did send her a nervous glance. By the looks of it, his attention was mostly on Ushijima on the other team. Three people out of the fourteen weren't there, conveniently enough. So the six on six was perfect. In her opinion, having both Tendou and Ushijima on the same team was unfair, but she had no idea what the other's were like.

Then she caught of a glimpse of the angry coach, his arms crossed and his face contorted grumpily, though (Y/N) was confident that his face looked like that all the time. Nodding at him in acknowledgement, but he noticed something about her that he couldn't just place. He brushed it off, nodding back.

A few plays later, and (Y/N) was speechless. Not really doing much, given that she was still trying to get comfortable and in the flow, she focused on watching the others and how they played. She didn't have to receive one of Ushijima's spikes to know they were strong (but she did and it hurt a lot). So far Tendou's guess blocking had been proved effective, earning one of the two points they had. The team overall was just so... strong. Of course, that's what they were known for. 

Her time came to shine when Semi, who turned out to be a setter, spared a quick glance at her as the ball fell into his hands. She was right by the net, so it would be perfect. 

A smile grew on her face as she stepped forward, her stronger foot boosting her up into the air. The ball was there. Right there. Perfect height. A little close to the net. Semi didn't underestimate how high she could jump, which she appreciated. The ball was right at her hand.

But right behind the net were a set of bandaged fingers. 

fUkInG TEnDou- 

The ball hit Tendou's fingers with the largest wAck people had heard.

The ball hit the floor. On Semi's side. 

Tendou and (Y/N) both landed quietly, not breaking eye-contact. Then, a cocky smirk grew on Tendou's face. And a sneer grew on (Y/N)'s. 

"You blocked me," She dragged her tongue over her top teeth, eyes gleaming with a mix of annoyance and playfulness.

"I almost didn't," He countered back, his face really close to hers, the only thing blocking the two being the net, "Pretty good for the first time. It usually takes people a few goes to avoid it,"

"I-"

(Y/N) was interrupted by an awed Goshiki, which pissed Tendou off, "Woah, (Y/N)! That was so cool! You could hear it hit Tendous hands! Look, they're practically twitching," He rambled, and sure enough, the middle blocker's fingers were shaking, the parts that weren't covered by bandages redddd.

"Aye~" Tendou nodded, "That hurt, miss (Y/N),"

"Tendou, stop flirting with her," Semi mumbled, shooing the tall boy away. 

"Sorry," The girl sent a shy grin to her teammates. 

Reon, the boy with the bushy eyebrows, shrugged, "Not many people get past Tendou's block, so it's okay," He smiled at her with his big lips, comforting her.

And so, the match went on.

Never before had (Y/N) had to try so hard at volleyball. The boys had decided that she was now part of their team. They didn't ask her yet, but she was. 

"Whaaaa~? You're not gonna stay in the dorms?" Tendou complained, pouting as he leaned down to the closer to the Ukai. She had insisted she leave early to head home, but the boys were having so much fun. After all, she was the right amount of both playful and serious, which is what you were looking for when playing volleyball.

She flicked his forehead lightly, "I doubt I'd be able to sleep with your chaotic ass nearby," Her playful frown turned into a soft smile, "I'll think about it."

And with that, she waved cutely at the other before her hand turned into a rude gesture, the innocent look etched into her face never leaving, "See ya, fuckers!"

Yep, they had adopted (Y/N) Ukai as their own.

a/n: again, just your reminder that we won't get too many intimate moments just yet! thank you sososo much for 10k reads <3

♡