Chapter Five

Just because I carry it all so well doesn't mean it's not heavy. -Unknown Author

(Marinette's pov)

Adrien holds my hand as if I might disappear the moment he lets go. I squeeze his hand as if to say 'Don't worry, I'm not going away.'

Soon enough, we reach Adrien's home. My boyfriend unlocks the door and gestures me inside. Right after he closes the door, I get pulled into a very passionate kiss. It takes me by surprise but I instantly wrap my arms around his neck. I didn't even realize how much I missed and needed this.

We both pull away breathless. Adrien leans his head againist my forehead.

"I missed you so much. No doubt I would probably have gone crazy without you eventually." He said, chuckling. I smile as I look into his eyes.

"Well then I'm glad I came back before you turned in a maniac." (Didn't even realize what I did there at first lol)

"Do you want anything to eat or drink before we.. talk?" I nod my head no. He motions for me to sit on the couch and I do so. He takes a seat next to me.

"W-why did you pretend to be dead?" He asks, his eyes turning sad.

I explain everything. From what happened at the seine, going to Master Fu's, and snippets that happened in between. By the time I'm done, Adrien is crying in my arms. I stroke my fingers through his blonde locks to try to calm him down.

"I love you Marinette. You need to know that. No matter who else only wants things from you because of your aleter ego, the only important thing is that I love you."

"You always know what to say. I love you too, Chaton." I kiss the top of his forehead. I didn't notice I was still combing his hair with my fingers until I hear a rumbling sound.

"Are.. are you purring?" He blushes.

"No way! You must be hearing things haha." I roll my eyes. Things get silent for a while.

"Hey bugaboo?"

"Yes kitten?"

"You should connect with Alya and our other friends. Let them know your not.. you know. As for the world, maybe you should try to stay on the down low for a minute before you suddenly pop out of nowhere." Adrien advises.

"That's a good idea. I think I'll do that." I say.

Elsewhere..

(Third person pov)

"Do you have it or not?" A figure in a dark alleyway snaps. The man before the strange person trembles.

"Y-y-yes! I do, I do! Here, just take it and don't hurt my family!" He begs. They snatch the object out of his hand.

"This is the real one ma'am." One of her henchmen say. She turns to the scared man.

"Aw, how cute. Your begging to keep your family safe and sound aren't you? Well, I do keep my word.. sometimes. So I won't hurt your family."

He sighs in relief.

"But I never said anything about you."

The last expression on his face was one of fear.

"Be careful how you bargin. Couldn't risk you snitching. You know what they say, snitches get stitches." The woman laughs as she talks to the now dead person who unfortunately did her evil bidding.

"Get rid of the body." She instructs.

Two of the men pick up the male, and dump him somewhere random.

"The second phase of my plan is now in action."

Sorry about the late update. I was having some techinal troubles getting it out, but it's here now! Until next Wednesday!

-Lots of love, Lanie🌸