Off, off, and away!!

Natalies POV

The flight started off as normal as you could expect. A couple of jumps through lightspeed later, we made our final jump and the ship was put in auto-pilot mode. I stood and grabbed my bags to find my room. Setting up camp, I found a nice room in the back of the ship with lots of privacy from the others. I unpacked my bags and put my clothes in a closet. Sitting on my bed I stared out into the abyss of blue and black streaks blurring past the ship. Quickly I looked at the photo of Ben and me. He looked like such a sweet child...I wonder what happened. A knock on my door jerked me out of my thoughts and I swiftly put the photo away. 

"Hey there, I was just coming to see how you were coming along un-packing. We will be in hyperspace for another day, so you might want to get some rest." Poe said. Before I could nod, my stomach rumbled. "But first, let's fix that tummy of yours." He laughed as it rumbled a second time. I hadn't noticed how hungry I was. We went into a little crew area, where there was a table for holochess. Reaching into a crate, Poe pulled out pieces of toast and some jam. He handed me a knife to spread the jam. The jam looked delicious, the reddish-purple looked magical, its beautiful scent washing over my nose.

I started to dig the knife into the jam when a sharp rining ripped into my brain. The pain caused me to drop the knife, along with the jammed up toast, to create a loud and sticky crash on the floor. I dropped to my knees, trying to escape the noise. "Nat?" Poes voice was muffled from the ringing. Fear was present in both of our eyes. "Rey! Finn! Help!" He called, but I didn't care. Soon, everything became quiet. I looked at Poe when I realized he was talking but I couldn't hear him. 

"At last, I can talk to you privately." The mechanical voice from earlier echoed in the walls of my brain. "Rey cannot push me out now, she is not strong enough." 

"Show yourself," I muttered. "Show yourself you coward!" I shouted. My body was slick with sweat. Finn, Rey, and Poe looked confused, they couldn't hear him. 

"As you wish." A dark figure loomed in the corner. How could I have not seen him earlier? I grabbed the knife on the ground and threw it. The knife sailed right at his head, and right through it as if he were a projection. 

"You, you b@st@rd!" I roared. "That is no way to talk to your brother." He said, anger rising. "Exactly. I don't know you." I said aloud. "you are not the brother I know."  I sent my thoughts into his. 

"So you never told them." He said in wonder. "You lied to them. Oh well, they won't trust you when I will be the one to tell them." He reached out his hand and my airway closed. I grabbed the table in anguish. 

"You.." I gasped. "Will not hurt..." I took another breath. "Them..." With a flick of his wrist, the air was let back in my throat, but the relief was not for long, as I flew into the wall of the ship, crashing my head into the ground. My vision fuzzed but the black figure had his back to me. As soon as he was there he was gone but I still heard his voice. "I will find you. Someday you will understand, that there is no good in you. I know you are with the girl and her friends. Now it's just finding you." The ringing stopped and his voice faded away. 

"Hey hey hey." Poe rushed over cupping my cheeks in his hand he lifted my head so my eyes met his. "Rey we are going to need you again!" His voice dimmed and I fell into the black abyss of my eyelids. 

*************

I woke up to the soft hum of the ship. My clock said that it was about 1:20 in the morning. I needed to tell someone what I saw. My head pounded and I forced myself to stand. Shuffling to my door it opened and I walked out. Trying not to make any noise I got some water to clear my head and it did. The pounding stopped and I walked down the hall near the cockpit to see if anyone was awake. To my delight, a faint light came from under the door in the cockpit. As I got closer to the door I heard a slight humming. I opened the door and the pilot stared straight ahead.