On our Feet

I just want to say thank you so much for 300 reads, this is so much more than I thought I would ever get. Thank you for sticking with this book for so long. Now back to the story :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next two weeks it was about Poe during the day, and during the night it was about me. I would help Poe with his calisthenics, much to his complaints, and then at night, he would insist on taking care of me.

"Poe, you have to bend your leg." I scolded him as we worked on his mobility. He frowned, but his eyes never darkened. "But I'm tired." Shaking my head I eventually finished everything with him, I stood and put away the equipment we used. Turning around to go back to Poe, I noticed he wasn't there. 

"Poe?" I questioned when I heard a creak on the floor behind me. Whipping around I saw him standing there, with a grin on his face, before his large arms swooped me up. "No, Poe!" I cried as he plopped me on the bed. "Stay." He pointed to me as if I were a dog, but I obliged. He came back soon with a little lunch bag, and sat across from me, pulling out a salad and fork. 

"open up wide!" He sang, stabbing the salad. I did and he shoved the fork into my mouth. He got excited when I finished the entire salad. Then he grabbed me and brought me to the bathroom where he brushed out my hair and braided it. "Tomorrow I get to fly," he said happily. "You want to join me?" He asked as he finished the braid. 

"I would love to." I smiled. Poe got all excited before practically shoving me out the door. "You will be late to meet Lea!" He said. I laughed as I made my way up to the waterfall. Closing my eyes I embraced the crisp air and smiled at the familiarity of the mist on my face. 

"Good, you are early," Lea said as I approached her. "Ezra has something for you." She left and I made my way up to the Jedi. "You have come far with your training these past few weeks. I have created something that you may like." He placed in my hands a black leather box with the symbol of the Grey Jedi. 

He raised his arms slightly and my relatives came out of the mist, forming into semi-solid bodies. My grandfather and grandmother, my father, Master Obi-wan, and Master Yoda along with Ezra's master Kanin. They stared at me with proud eyes, and Ezra motioned me to open the box as he went to his master's side. Slowly, I took off the cover of the box and unwrapped the silk white fabric that encased a beautifully crafted lightsaber. It was simple looking but still beautiful. Made of silver, it had blackened grooves running the length of the handle, and in the middle was the Grey Jedi symbol, its wings flying proud and the saber glowing black. 

"Try it, darling," Obi-wan said eagerly. I ignited the blade, and black light exploded out of one end. There was a second button and it ignited the other side. "A duel saber, representing balance." My grandfather said. Twisting the blade in the center it split in half giving me a saber in each hand. "A split saber represents a choice." My dad said. "And a black saber represents power and restraint." My grandfather said with a smile. 

"Are you sure I am ready?" I asked Ezra. He smiled and nodded. "The saber will only respond to you, now. No one else." My father's eyes were teary as he watched me swing the saber around slightly. The hum of the blade felt familiar, yet a distant memory. "Strong one, she is. Train well, you did." Yoda said to Ezra who bowed in honor. 

"A strong blade for a strong woman." My grandmother said as she took my grandfather's hand. "Indeed, a strong woman you are." My mother said. She stood next to my father's form. Small tears fell from my eyes and I wiped them away. "Now, once flyboy takes to the sky in two days, you will stay here as he and Finn go undercover in the Starkiller. You are in charge of communications and rescue." My mother said. "We can't risk your brother sensing you."