Tea and Tears

Poes POV

the messenger came for me. "The General wishes to speak with you." I ran off after him along with BB-8 to the headquarters. The building was beautiful and always busy, amidst our dying numbers. Stopping in front of the door I flattened my shirt and tried to fix my messed up hair from flying. Stepping inside, I saw Natalie and the General having a serious conversation. In the middle of the floor was the little girl from earlier.

But my eyes trained back onto Natalie, she had stopped her conversation with the General and was playing with the little girl. Her laugh and smile lit up the room as joy radiated off of her. Just seeing her made me relax in the presence of the general. All eyes looked up at me as I cleared my throat. The little girl's eyes lit up and she suppressed a giggle. "What is it?" Natalie asked her and the girl looked up at her with big golden eyes. "He loves you."

Nothing could help the smile that came upon my face. "Yes, yes I do." Natalie looked at me with joyful eyes and smiled. "Anyways, Poe, Natalie, the two of you will be looking after Diana today, so she can be with someone she trusts. This means you will have to bring her with you to every place you go." She looked at me with a side-eye glance. "What?" I exclaimed.

"You've left a child in the middle of the runway before."

"Ok, that was one time!" I raised my hands over my head in surrender.

"You did what?" Nat asked me in amusement.

"It was on accident."

"None the matter, Poe. This means you will have to be extra diligent in watching over Diana. You will also have Natalie here to help you. But tomorrow she will be in Snaps care unless something goes wrong." We nodded somberly before Lea dismissed us.

"Where are we going to go now?" Diana asked me, taking my large hand in hers. "Hmm, let's see. We didn't have much to do today, now did we?" Natalie pretended to think. "I have an idea, what if we go get dinner and think about it there?" Diana was beyond ecstatic. Natalie placed her on my shoulders and I ran in zigzags while she held out her arms, pretending to fly.

She made a buzzing noise in order to make an engine sound. We continued to run to the meal hall, our laughter caused some to stare but we didn't care. "Prepare for landing!" I shouted, taking her off my shoulders and placing her on the bench in between myself and Natalie. "Diana," Natalie said sweetly, "These are our friends, Snap, Finn, Beaumont, and Rose." She waved hi shyly and all four of them melted. "Our new friend here was wondering what we should do tonight, and I say that's up to you Diana," I said, placing my hand on her back.

"Tea party?" She asked quietly. "Yes. Please." Snap pleaded. "Then it's settled. Tea party tonight, but where?" Rose asked and we all sat in silence, thinking. "Oh, I know!" Beaumont perked up. "I know exactly where. Finn, Rose, Snap you guys want to get Diana's tea party ready?" They nodded, but not before Finn leaned closer to Diana.

"What theme do you want?" He asked and Diana squealed. "Fairy!" Finn laughed and stood back up, running after the others. "You hear that? I'm going to be a damn fairy princess!"

"Language!" Nat yelled after him. We laughed and got some sandwiches before Rose came back to get us. "The fairy colony wishes for Miss Diana to come to her tea party." She bowed and Diana stood straight. "Let's go!" She grabbed Rose's hand and the two of them skipped out. "We should probably follow." Natalie sighed. I nodded.

"You know, they probably went all out for this." Natalie snickered at the thought. "I wouldn't doubt them for a minute. Even you, to Poe. Don't try to hide the fact that you would one hundred percent make a flower crown and wear it if it made her smile."