He grabs his to go cup and his keys, and both of them walk out the door, Spencer locking it behind them. Y/n drives, and Spencer reaches over, lacing their fingers together as she pulls out of the apartment complex. He runs his thumb over hers, watching the way her lips turn up slightly at the corners.

As she pulls into the parking lot, a bundle of nerves gathers in Spencer's stomach. They're going to tell Hotch today—about everything. And he's not worried about getting transferred. Both he and Y/n have proved they're valuable assets to the team, he knows Hotch isn't going to transfer either of them. But for some reason, a weird sense of nervousness sits in his stomach. Y/n squeezes his hand as she parks the car, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Ready?" She asks, biting the inside of her cheek.

Spencer nods. "Ready."

He leans forward, pressing his lips to hers for a moment before pulling away, grinning as he opens the car door. He meets her on the other side of the car, lacing their fingers together. They're telling Hotch—might as well let everyone else know, too. They keep their fingers laced together as they make their way up to the sixth floor. Y/n looks nervous as Spencer opens the glass doors to the bullpen, and she immediately grips his hand again.

She keeps her eyes straight ahead on Hotch's office, but Spencer notices the team looking. Garcia is sitting on Morgan's desk, both of them looking at Spencer and Y/n's joined hands. Spencer meets Morgan's eyes, and his best friend's lips turn up at the corners, giving him a subtle thumbs up. Prentiss and JJ are looking at both of them from Prentiss' desk, and Spencer meets both of their eyes before turning away. Rossi's in his office, so he can't really see the pair, but he knows the older man probably wouldn't be as shocked. He seems to know everything. He gives Y/n's hand an encouraging squeeze as they approach Hotch's closed door. Y/n breaks her grip on his hand, knocking on the door softly.

"Come in," Hotch's deep voice says.

Y/n inhales deeply before turning the knob to his door, both she and Spencer stepping inside. Hotch looks up from the stack of files on his desk, his eyes flicking between the two of them. Y/n gives him a small smile, clearing her throat.

"Can we talk to you, sir?"

Hotch nods. "Close the door, Reid."

Spencer shuts the door before walking over to the chair beside Y/n, both of them sitting next to each other. Y/n's hand finds his, lacing their fingers together, and Spencer tries to stop the small blush creeping into his cheeks. After a moment, Y/n clears her throat again.

"I wanted to talk to you about a couple things today," she begins, her eyes flicking up to meet Hotch's.

Hotch nods, his eyes flicking between the two of them. "Okay, I'm listening."

"Um, okay, well the first, I guess, more obvious thing is what's going on between Spencer and I," she says, her voice quiet.

"You two are seeing each other," Hotch states, matter-of-factly.

"Yes," Spencer says.

"For how long?"

Spencer looks at Y/n, running his thumb in small circles around hers. "It hasn't been too long. A few months."

Hotch nods slowly. "Okay." His eyes flick to Y/n. "You said a couple things? What's the other thing?"

Y/n swallows, averting her gaze. She's even more nervous than Spencer. Spencer squeezes her hand, her eyes flicking to him.

"It's okay," he murmurs. "You can do it."

She nods, turning her head back to Hotch. "When I started working here, I was a drug addict. And an alcoholic. I had been for a long time." Hotch holds her gaze, his brows scrunching together. "Spencer...he figured it out. And he...um....he actually saved my life when I overdosed." Her voice breaks slightly, and Spencer swallows the lump in his throat, trying to forget the night he found her unconscious on her bathroom floor. "I mean, he saved my life, full stop. He helped me get clean. He helped me through withdrawal." She turns her head, looking at Spencer, giving him a small smile. "And along the way, we, um, we fell in love. It sound stupid but it's true."