EIGHTEEN

warnings: mentions of drug use/addiction, mentions of death/suicide, fighting, vomit
no one be mean to y/n🥺

warnings: mentions of drug use/addiction, mentions of death/suicide, fighting, vomitno one be mean to y/n🥺

"Morgan, I'm just not in the mood," Spencer says, flopping down on his couch.

"Come on, kid, you never go to the movies with us."

Spencer sighs. "I just...I don't want to today, okay? Maybe some other time?"

"Fine, fine. But you will next weekend, 'kay?"

"Fine," Spencer reluctantly agrees, hanging up the phone.

He tosses his phone next to him on the couch, bringing his knees to his chest as he glances around his apartment. It's been a couple days since he had taken Y/n to the NA meeting, and he'd checked up on her a couple times over the weekend. She's seemed...a little withdrawn since the meeting, save her little breakdown after it in his apartment. He understands why she feels distant.

Withdrawal is tricky. She's only a week clean from hydrocodone and withdrawal has a long-term effect on emotions and mood swings. Spencer understands mood swings firsthand—he'd experienced many of them when he was using Dilaudid and when he was trying to quit. So he gets how she feels.

Still, he misses being around her. Holding her hand, as stupid as the little gesture seems, makes him happy. Her touch sends this weird rush of warmth through him, and not even in a sexual way. In an innocent way.

Sighing, Spencer gets up from his couch, walking into his room. He pushes his feet into his little dino slippers before opening his door, shutting it behind him. He slowly walks up to Y/n's apartment, pausing for a moment outside her door. He knocks three times, letting his hand fall and rest by his side.

After a couple moments, Y/n answers, her brow furrowed as she looks at him.

"Hey," she whispers.

"Hey," he replies. "I, um, was just bored. Can I come in?"

Y/n nods, moving aside so Spencer can walk inside her apartment. It's still somewhat clean from when Spencer cleaned it, and he can smell Chinese food wafting through the small space.

"I was just eating dinner," she murmurs, walking back into her kitchen to grab the container of Chinese food. "Do you want any?"

Spencer shakes his head. "No, I'm okay. Do you actually have an appetite?"

She shrugs. "Eh. A little one." She takes a small bite of her sesame chicken.

Spencer hesitates a moment. "I know you're probably tired of me asking, but how are you feeling?"

She hesitantly chews on her piece of chicken before swallowing. "I'm...okay. I feel weird."

"Weird?"