SIXTEEN

warnings: mentions of drugs/drug addiction, mentions of rape

"Did you clean my apartment?"

Spencer shoves his hands in his pockets, glancing around Y/n's apartment. "Mhm. I hope you don't mind, I just—"

"I don't mind," she whispers, turning around to look at him. "Thanks."

Spencer nods, giving her a half-smile. His eyes meet hers for a moment before she looks away, turning around and heading into her room.

After three days, she was discharged from the hospital about an hour ago. She's still not 100% better—she won't be for a while. But she's passed the worst of it. Spencer had driven her back to the apartment complex and walked her up to her apartment, a little nervous about leaving her alone.

"Spencer, you can go," she shouts from her room. "I don't have any drugs here. Or alcohol. I promise. I just...would like to shower in peace." She pokes her head out from her room.

"Okay," he says softly. "I'm just downstairs if you need me."

She nods, and Spencer backtracks out of her apartment, shutting the door behind him. The night air is cool on his exposed arms and he shivers slightly. He grips the straps of his bag as he walks down to his apartment, unlocking the door before opening it. He shuts it behind him, immediately walking to his room. Setting the bag down, he pulls out his dirty clothes and puts them in his hamper. Then, he decides to shower.

After his shower, he wraps a towel around himself. As he's walking to his dresser, his phone rings and he groans, pushing it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"We've got a case." Hotch's voice sounds tired.

Spencer sighs, nodding to himself. "Alright, I'll see you soon."

Hanging up, he quickly changes into a pair of slacks and a white button up. He ties the tie quickly around his neck before throwing clothes into his go bag. He runs a brush through his hair quickly before tossing it in his bag. He grips the bag as he moves into his kitchen, quickly making a cup of coffee for the road.

Just as he's reaching his door, there's a knock, and he opens it to see Y/n's face.

"We have a case," she murmurs.

He nods. "We have a case. Do you want a ride?"

"Please."

The pair quickly make their way to Spencer's car, and Spencer makes the quick drive to Quantico. He watches Y/n out of the corner of his eye.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm craving," she mutters, and Spencer notices her dig her nails into the top of her forearm. "It sucks."

"I know," he whispers. "You can do it."

She simply nods as he pulls into the parking spot, turning off the car. He slings his regular bag over his shoulders before grabbing his go bag, and the two of them walk into FBI Headquarters together. When they arrive, they find everyone already in the roundtable room.